I'm running OS 6, BB messenger 5.0.141, I've tried scanning barcodes to add contacts. A red blinking light comes on and it beeps and then it doesn't do anything...help!!!
    03-09-11 07:34 PM
    I have run into the same issue only with scanning bar codes to go to websites. Red light blinks, but does not do anything. Have not tried to scan for adding a contact though.
    03-09-11 10:23 PM
    I've had a lot of trouble with barcodes too. Occasionally one will work, but it almost always doesn't.
    03-09-11 10:51 PM
    same here, nothing but issues, I downloaded Barcode Assistant and it's much better but not perfect either.
    03-09-11 10:53 PM
    I'm running OS 6, BB messenger 5.0.141, I've tried scanning barcodes to add contacts. A red blinking light comes on and it beeps and then it doesn't do anything...help!!!
    Just to clarify, when you say "bar codes" do you really mean the "QR Codes" that other people's BBMs show so you can scan it to trade PINs? Just wanting to be sure since Bar Codes (like the ones on products at the grocery store) can be and are very different from QR Codes. I don't think BB's integrated scanner works on Bar Codes but it should work on most QR Codes (and certainly should work when scanning a BBM image).

Related to that, my wife's Bold on 5.975 had scanning issues that would throw the phone into an incessant fit of flashing the flash and repeatedly snapping the camera like it was trying to scan something. The only way to stop it was to pull the battery. Finally had it replaced at the Verizon store. Also not sure if it might somehow be related to OS6, but I haven't read any other complaints about 6 having scanning problems.
    03-10-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD