I have an unlocked BB 9700 from T-Mobile but when I inserted AT&T SIM Card it only provides mobile voice while no BIS connection. FYI I have unlimited data plan with AT&T with my other smartphone. I want to swap the sim card for this BB 9700. What should I do to get BIS connection? Thanks for your help.
    02-07-10 01:13 PM
    You might have to contact AT&T. Is your other phone a BB? The unlimited data plans are different (I believe) so you might have to get them to switch you to a BB data plan if it's not your current plan.
    02-07-10 01:20 PM
    I agree with jlp916 make sure you have a blackberry data plan..
    02-07-10 01:25 PM
    you also need to make sure that if you do have a BIS account that the device you are trying to use is registered with the network and servers, meaning you have to log into the BIS site and make sure the PIN and IMEI are correct and the same as the device you are trying to use... you cannot have 2 BBs on the same BIS account... just doesnt work
    02-07-10 01:34 PM
    Oh OK I'll talk to AT&T to switch my data plan to BB plan. After I switch my data plan to BB plan can I swap back the sim card to my iPhone 3GS? I want to keep my number swapable between BB 9700 and iPhone. Can I do that? Any experience?
    02-07-10 01:48 PM
    BB and Iphone have their own seperate
    data plans. Not sure if you can "just swap"
    and go but I highly doubt it...
    02-07-10 01:51 PM
    Alright everybody thanks for your information. I'll call AT&T to find more about my intention. This site is just terrific!
    02-07-10 02:02 PM
    Oh OK I'll talk to AT&T to switch my data plan to BB plan. After I switch my data plan to BB plan can I swap back the sim card to my iPhone 3GS? I want to keep my number swapable between BB 9700 and iPhone. Can I do that? Any experience?
    You can swap, just make sure you have the BB plan not the iphone plan or BBM won't work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...ta-plan-348311
    02-07-10 03:34 PM
    yes iphone will run on BB data plan, i keep switching between bold 9700 and iphone with no problem. but smartphone data plan will not work on Blackberry phone
    02-07-10 08:29 PM
    I want to thanks for everybody who posted suggestion or opinion on my subject. I already switched my iPhone data plan to BB plan. It took about half hour for AT&T to switch my data plan. It only asked IMEI and then my new BB's connected to BIS. And yes I can swap back the sim card to iPhone with no problem.
    02-10-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD