05-14-10 01:01 AM
30 12
tools
    Im totally confused

ive been searching the net for 2 hours solid now, no matter how many tutorials or BASIC steps i find i simply CANNOT do it.

I cant set a ringtone/alert for bb messenger. Ive been in every folder, every sub folder and i cant pin point where the **** you turn on alerts.

HELP ME before i pull my hair out.

thanks
    05-12-10 05:44 PM
    Did you go to profiles > edit profiles > normal or whatever profile you want > instant messages > blackberry messenger alert?
    05-12-10 05:53 PM
    2 HOURS, and you didn't even read the manual, did ya??
    05-12-10 05:58 PM
    There is no 'PROFILES' menu anywhere only MY PROFILE within the bb messenger itself. Im missing the profiles menu.

I dont read manuals i dont beleive in them

any other ideas?
    05-12-10 06:01 PM
    How do you not have a profile menu? It's the icon that has the speaker so you can adjust your volume settings.
    05-12-10 06:03 PM
    The icon with a speaker? as in sounds? if so theres nothing within that
    05-12-10 06:05 PM
    Phone profiles, then edit profiles is what everyone is talking about, there you can edit all your sounds for all types of messages
    05-12-10 06:06 PM
    That's how you set your bb mesenger tones. At least try what I said earlier and see if it leads you to what you're looking for.
    05-12-10 06:07 PM
    Hit the profiles (speaker icon), scroll to bottom of list. Pick edit profiles, select the profile you wish to edit. Open up instant messages, pick BlackBerry Messenger and change it. You have to do it for every profile you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:08 PM
    Ok thanks

all of google (all forums it finds) everyone says goto OPTIONS then PROFILES..ect..ect.

To enter mine i have to click SOUNDS a menu pops up scroll down that menu and you see SET RINGTONES/ALERTS within that you can adjust bb messenger tones.

Damn i cant beleive it that nobody else has said this anywhere on the net.
    05-12-10 06:10 PM
    Ok thanks

all of google (all forums it finds) everyone says goto OPTIONS then PROFILES..ect..ect.

To enter mine i have to click SOUNDS a menu pops up scroll down that menu and you see SET RINGTONES/ALERTS within that you can adjust bb messenger tones.

LOL! So how do you like your phone so far??
    05-12-10 06:12 PM
    Can you not read what I and others told you do? That's exactly what we said. Maybe you should read profiles.
    Last edited by speters150; 05-12-10 at 06:27 PM.
    05-12-10 06:13 PM
    Ok thanks

Looks like multiple people told ya exactly what to do and you were to dense to figure it out. If you could comprehend it you would now know multiple ways to achieve the desired outcome.

Here's your sign......

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-12-10 06:20 PM
    There is no 'PROFILES' menu anywhere only MY PROFILE within the bb messenger itself. Im missing the profiles menu.

I dont read manuals i dont beleive in them

any other ideas?
    Go back to a simpler phone you can understand maybe...... Lol. People like this guy kill me....

05-12-10 06:23 PM
    Go back to a simpler phone you can understand maybe...... Lol. People like this guy kill me....

Whys that? so you agree its not simple?

Like i said the WHOLE OF GOOGLE suggest going to OPTIONS then PROFILE. This is not possible as it doesnt exist.

I found it thanks to posts on this thread. So quit jumping the gun so quickly trying to make out i am not listening to what people have posted because i have hence how i found where it is.

As i say No google search brings up the REAL WAY to find the alerts, none of my friends knew they all told me to goto options and profile is in there.

Whos thick me my friends and the whole of google? you must be gifted then if you knew exactly where the menu was. Even nobody knew on here they just gave a rough idea of where it might be.
    05-12-10 06:34 PM
    You're an i.d.i.o.t and you're lack of ability to type coherent messages is proof on top of your constant arguing with us when we're telling you exactly how to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by speters150; 05-12-10 at 06:46 PM.
    05-12-10 06:40 PM
    ===== QUOTE getsome122 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Like i said the WHOLE OF GOOGLE suggest going to OPTIONS then PROFILE. This is not possible as it doesnt exist.

I found it thanks to posts on this thread. So quit jumping the gun so quickly trying to make out i am not listening to what people have posted because i have hence how i found where it is.

As i say No google search brings up the REAL WAY to find the alerts, none of my friends knew they all told me to goto options and profile is in there.

Whos thick me my friends and the whole of google? you must be gifted then if you knew exactly where the menu was. Even nobody knew on here they just gave a rough idea of where it might be.
    No actually it is quite simple and user friendly in my opinion. I found almost every function of the phone and apps I have put on it to be very easy to figure out. **** my twelve year old picked it up and had no problem figuring out most of it.

Just saying maybe its not simple enough for you.

05-12-10 06:58 PM

You MIGHT want to: A) RTFM, or B) take a Googling class...
    05-12-10 08:33 PM
    I'm glad everybody here was born with a BB in there hand quit attacking the guy he needed help and he got it now leave it alone.

05-12-10 08:41 PM
    I'm glad everybody here was born with a BB in there hand quit attacking the guy he needed help and he got it now leave it alone.

You win the prize for the most run-on sentence of the day, along with using a homonym.
    05-12-10 11:50 PM
    You win the prize for the most run-on sentence of the day, along with using a homonym.
    Thanks Dave for being the grammar police.
    05-13-10 12:06 AM
    Thanks Dave for being the grammar police.
    Hey, someone's got to do it! <g> (Besides, it's not all bad--you DID win an award! )
    05-13-10 01:57 AM
    BOy, I love the "drama" in this thread. FTR !
    05-13-10 03:24 AM
    I found it all quite amusing and couldn't help but add to it. Lol

05-13-10 05:16 AM
    You MIGHT want to: A) RTFM, or B) take a Googling class...

Thanks Dave, I think I just peed myself a little over that one.
    05-13-10 12:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD