Hi everyone,

I apologize; I know this has been asked a bunch of times before, but after much searching I still can't find the specific answer I'm looking for.

My wife has a Blackberry; I have an Android. Right now we each have the 1,000 SMS plan on AT&T (1,000 each, combined sent and received) and each have a data plan. So if she sends me a regular SMS, it counts as one SMS for her to send and one for me to receive. All messages sent and received between the two of us count against our 1,000 SMS/each allotment.

Now if she were to add me as a contact in her BB Messenger and use THAT to send me text messages (again, I'm on Android, so I'd receive a regular SMS no matter what), would that still count against BOTH of our 1,000 SMS allotments? Or would it be free for her, using Messenger data, and just count as me receiving one? Same when I send back -- obviously it's going to count one sent SMS from me, but if she receives it in Messenger from my Android (as a BBM Contact), does it come in as data to her Messenger or count as a regular received SMS?

Thank you very much!
    08-24-11 12:57 PM
    it would still count as sms text because she's not really BBMing you.
    08-24-11 01:44 PM
    Dang. Okay, so BBM is really just for BB-to-BB messaging. No matter what she uses, anything she sends to (or receives from) my Android is going to be a standard SMS.

Ah well, thanks.
    09-06-11 05:16 PM
    I know it is not exactly the point, but if the matter is keeping it to data, you guys could install Google Talk, PING Chat, Windows Live Messenger or any other of those IM apps and save the thousand SMS messages for people with no smartphones/data plans.
    09-06-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD