I've noticed when sending a picture via BB messenger it always seems to be downsized to the receiver. This is in contrast to sending the same picture via a regular MMS msg.
    Is this the way BBM w/ pictures works for everyone.

I'm on a tour right now.. but was on a pearl previously and seemed to be the same.
    11-30-09 11:24 AM
    yea, bbm does that on its own if you are running an older version....bbm 5.0 doesn't do that but here's the catch....the file has to be saved by the recipient before it can be viewed and it has a time limit on the file so if whoever u send it to doesn't save it in a certain amount of time(not sure how long) it will expire and it will have to be resent
    11-30-09 11:28 AM
    Its a definate catch 22 for me this one.
    The old version sorts the image size and sends it quickly, instantly viewable. At full BB screen size.

However 5.0 will send (as says above) the full image, but it has to be saved by the other person too. If it does not need to be zoomed in on, then I prefer the old version, if it does, then I prefer the new.

There is also the option to use a BBM group to display pictures for those who want to show resized images quickly. Up to 20 images in the gallery at any one time, plus any you tag as favorites.
    11-30-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD