hey all, just came over to the tour from the storm and i love it. one ques though......does anybody's tour show "is typing a message" while using messenger???? mine just shows a little symbol while the other person is typing but was just curious if that was normal??? thanks for any help given
    10-09-09 10:00 PM
    hey all, just came over to the tour from the storm and i love it. one ques though......does anybody's tour show "is typing a message" while using messenger???? mine just shows a little symbol while the other person is typing but was just curious if that was normal??? thanks for any help given
    I have bb messenger 5.0 and mine doesnt show anything.
    10-09-09 10:05 PM
    BBM 4.7.1 (at least the Tour's version anyway!) just shows a capital A (for "A"nswering) in a tiny square when the other person types.

The new BBM 5.0.0.33 shows "typing a message" or something like that.

Go to App World and you should see BBMessenger there in the featured apps on the main screen. Download the new BBM5.0 and you're set!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:07 PM
    BBM 4.7.1 (at least the Tour's version anyway!) just shows a capital A (for "A"nswering) in a tiny square when the other person types.

The new BBM 5.0.0.33 shows "typing a message" or something like that.

Go to App World and you should see BBMessenger there in the featured apps on the main screen. Download the new BBM5.0 and you're set!

cool, thanks to both of you for your input. i get the little "a" also. have a great night people
    10-09-09 10:13 PM
    www.blackberry.com/messenger is better than app world.

10-09-09 10:31 PM
    www.blackberry.com/messenger is better than app world.

I'm thinking with App World we'll get quicker notifications of upgrades available.

Ah, who am I kidding anyway? I'm sure we'll see it here on CB before App World tells us if there's a new version!

10-09-09 10:43 PM
    Mine correctly shows "is typing a message"
    10-09-09 11:02 PM
    really????? hmmmm, interesting
    10-10-09 02:15 AM
    Same here.
    10-10-09 02:44 AM
    @TheSultan & 1sbwwb, what version BBM do you have?

On my 8330, it always said that, and it now does on my Tour w BBM5.
    But on my Tour BEFORE I had BBM5, I just had the A in the square.

10-10-09 06:07 AM
    Mime will show both or nothing at all - meaning I just wait for a respond. I've got BBM 5.0 and running v4.7.1.53 on my Tour
    10-10-09 06:11 AM
    same here

vzw tour 5.0.0.230
    10-10-09 06:29 AM
    Mine shows that a person is writing. My question is how do I use the barcode and how do I scan a barcode?

10-10-09 09:09 AM
    I have the old BBM on a Pearl 8130 and it also shows the Such & Such is typing a message. I thought it was always the norm.

BTW, any Pearl 81xx users made the switch over to BBM 5.0? Is it worth giving up almost 3MB of memory for? I'm running @ 14.1 total space avail. and my Pearl functions flawlessly which BTW, I love so I a little worried about screwing the pooch if I step up to 5.0. The old BBM is 313KB and the new deal is 2.8MB!

If any Pearl 81xx made the jump, please let me know what kind of numbers you are now running and if it has impacted the phone's performance. Thanks
    10-10-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD