ok, who here is still waiting for more feedback on this new 5.0 messenger??? seems like people are having problems. happy with my messenger now but would love to upgrade if i see less probs with it. running 4.7 right now. anyone else have any rebutals why i should upgrade now and not wait a bit??? thanks for ur input
    10-10-09 11:48 PM
    who's having problems? what problems are they having? its not like its a leaked OS or anything.. its a RIM release. it works perfectly for me.
    10-10-09 11:50 PM
    who's having problems? what problems are they having? its not like its a leaked OS or anything.. its a RIM release. it works perfectly for me.
    im seeing posts where they claim it bricked there phone. certain features dont work unless u have v5.0 os, stuff like that
    10-10-09 11:52 PM
    DL 5.0.0.230, then download BBM5 (in that order). bingo bango, problem solved. and, a bricked phone is not a big deal.. people make such a big deal out of it.
    10-10-09 11:58 PM
    I have upgraded 2 Tours, 3 8330 Curves and 2 Storms so far.

Zero issues with the Curves (All friends and family)

Zero issues with the Tours (Mine and my wife's)

Horrible install issues with the Storm's. The Storm's would download the installer and then give an error message. Restart, installer was archived and another error, Restart, then it worked, but contact list was gone and would not recover from backup. Restored them manually by entering PINs and no issues with use have been reported (one is our store demo Strom, the other is a co-worker)

With the Curve's and Tours we use it daily and no one has mentioned any problems like I had with the leaked version.

My wife who is BB newbie with Tour says it is now easier for her to use, so I recommend the upgrade as I also love the ease of use and new features.
    Last edited by beasleybiz; 10-11-09 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Additional input
    10-11-09 12:03 AM
    DL 5.0.0.230, then download BBM5 (in that order). bingo bango, problem solved. and, a bricked phone is not a big deal.. people make such a big deal out of it.
    lol.....i like that bingo bango line thanks for ur suggestion, i may just give it a shot. have a great night
    10-11-09 12:05 AM
    My hubby and I both upgraded.....we're not having any problems.
    10-11-09 12:07 AM
    lol.....i like that bingo bango line thanks for ur suggestion, i may just give it a shot. have a great night
    no prob, i would if i were you.. but then again, if i were you, then i would give your phone to me so i could have 2 tours
    10-11-09 12:11 AM
    It bricked my phone, but I'm used to reviving my bricked phone. I just reinstalled the OS, and bbm 5.0 worked.

I would back up your data and 3rd party apps before you attempt it, though.
    10-11-09 12:29 AM
    Im running the original OS and BBM 5.0 works perfectly for me!
    10-11-09 12:51 PM
    Running 5.0.0.230/.238 irtehun hybrid OS. Aside from a slight memory leak, installed and works perfectly fine.
    10-11-09 01:11 PM
    Everything seems to be working fine, except I can not view my [or other contacts] display image. When I try, all I get is a blank white screen. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas for remedy?
    10-11-09 01:20 PM
    According to App World, BBM 5.0.0.33 is the new one, but my phone says it has 5.0.8. What's up?
    10-11-09 01:25 PM
    One issue is that I started to get a bunch of random invites once I managed to install the new bbm. One of my contacts noticed that it was happening to her as well. I wonder if RIM is trying to get more people using bbm by suggesting random contacts or something, or maybe causing my blackberry to randomly contact people upon registration?
    10-11-09 01:43 PM
    Everything seems to be working fine, except I can not view my [or other contacts] display image. When I try, all I get is a blank white screen. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas for remedy?
    I have the same issue and its annoying..is there a fix
    10-15-09 10:45 PM
    I noticed that under 5.0, it no longer gives the status of the contacts. It would say under the contact name "available" or "on the phone". I don't see that anymore and wish it was there instead of having to go into the contact profile.
    Granted, the contacts can change their status but what I'm saying is that if you don't change your status, the older version would automatically say "available" under the name.
    It also doesn't say whether the contact is "unreachable" when you send a message.
    10-16-09 01:17 AM
    Yeah, I,m not liking this 5.0. I think I,m gonna downgrade pending an inevitable version enhancement.
    10-16-09 01:57 AM
    ok, who here is still waiting for more feedback on this new 5.0 messenger??? seems like people are having problems. happy with my messenger now but would love to upgrade if i see less probs with it. running 4.7 right now. anyone else have any rebutals why i should upgrade now and not wait a bit??? thanks for ur input
    Well I just downloaded the official release version today from App World and it works perfectly on my phone.
    I hav no complaints.

I never go with leakd versions of software. There is usually a reason it has not been released yet. Glad I waited.
    10-16-09 04:31 AM
    Well I just downloaded the official release version today from App World and it works perfectly on my phone.
    I hav no complaints.

I never go with leakd versions of software. There is usually a reason it has not been released yet. Glad I waited.
    i totally agree with you on the leaked version issue, but still not convinced its the best time to upgrade. i love my bbm right now. thanks for the input though and to all u others as well
    10-16-09 10:21 PM
    BTW, if any of you are using QL, Make sure you do not try to open BBM 5.0 with QL. Go into your apps screen to open it up by the icon. This was posted elsewhere but I was one of the lucky ones who tried it and realized that QL and BBM 5.0 are not quite compatible yet. QL will open it, but it stalls after opening. Understand I am NOT bashing QL, it is still one of the best apps out there I have had the pleasure of using. This is just a minor incompatibility issue and I will not go on record saying it is QL that is at fault.
    10-17-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD