So what happens when I click to go onto blackberry messenger, the home screen will freeze, so you will never actually see it go into the program. Then when I click the end/power button the home screen will go back to being active. I can never get into it now. The only way for it to come back on is to take the battery out and put it back in. However, after maybe 3 minutes of use this problem will reoccur.
    12-17-09 03:31 PM
    So what happens when I click to go onto blackberry messenger, the home screen will freeze, so you will never actually see it go into the program. Then when I click the end/power button the home screen will go back to being active. I can never get into it now. The only way for it to come back on is to take the battery out and put it back in. However, after maybe 3 minutes of use this problem will reoccur.
    reinstall blackberry messenger and see if it fixes the problem
    12-17-09 03:54 PM
    Yes. Delete it and reinstall, reboot and see if it fixes the issue. Also, make sure and check to see if you have any other apps open and running.
    12-17-09 04:28 PM
    personally I would delete it, then reboot. then reinstall and then reboot again. jmo
    12-17-09 04:31 PM
    Hi,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 running on a v5.0.0.321 (Platform 5.1.0.90) and my Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0.57 keeps freezing/hanging up. When it does this I can not open any conversation threads, send or receive new messages.

I eventually end up doing a battery pull and then rebooting my blackberry to get it working again. Sometimes this happens 3-5 times a day and sometimes once a week.

I have deleted and reinstalled the blackberry messenger application about 3 times and that has not worked.

Suggestions and solutions would be most welcome!

Thx
    02-27-10 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD