Can anyone confirm that there is no extra charge using BB messenger internationally?

Thank you so much.
    12-19-09 01:29 AM
    There are no extra charges for international BBMing - data is data.
    12-19-09 01:40 AM
    depending on your service provider and more specifically, your unique plan setup, you may get charged extra for using data internationally. more than likely, you will
    12-19-09 04:41 AM
    To clear up the confusion: there is no charge to send a BBM message to someone overseas. However, if you are overseas, then BBM will incur data charges like any other app that uses data.
    12-19-09 05:00 AM
    I thought BBM was an internal RIM thing and didn't even go through your carrier. Am I confusing BBM with sending a PIN to another blackberry? I thought the PIN to PIN message was that way but I also thought BBM was too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 05:09 AM
    I thought BBM was an internal RIM thing and didn't even go through your carrier. Am I confusing BBM with sending a PIN to another blackberry? I thought the PIN to PIN message was that way but I also thought BBM was too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, BBM is based on PINs and is managed by RIM's servers. But you still have to access RIM's servers through your data connection provided by your carrier.
    12-19-09 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD