I just bought the BB Bold 9700 upgrade from a Curve. I can't seem to locate messenger other than in the switch application. I have read other post about checking if icon was hidden - no - I made sure nothing was hidden and that it was in any of the folders. One of the other post asked someone to check IM folder but I do not have an IM folder; howver, if i change my theme to precision zen (i have Precision ATT now) it is there but minus allot of icons that is on precision ATT. I am confused. Any help?? Thank you!
    01-24-10 06:21 PM
    Did you go into Options > Theme > click on the Active theme > select Reset > select all the Options > click Apply... try that.
    01-24-10 06:31 PM
    When I changed from my 8900 to 9700 I ended up re-downloading my BBM. When I did that it appeared in my application folder not in my downloaded file.

Hope this helps.
    01-24-10 07:50 PM
    im pretty sure that by default on a new phone if its not on the home screen, it will be in the applications folder.
    01-24-10 07:55 PM
    Fatboy97 - tried....didn't work....IM folder only shows up in the zen theme not att theme.
    dictoresno - yes - brand new phone...was never on home page just in switch application and not in application folder.
    Strange?!
    01-25-10 12:20 AM
    if its not in the instant messaging folder, then you should just re-download it.
    01-25-10 12:53 AM
    just redownload it

plus the 9700 ships with bbm 4, while the one in app world is the new and improved bbm 5
    01-25-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD