Ok, so I used to have my bbmsnger set up so the conversations would stay in my my e-mail icon. When I would send a message there would be an icon that would have a "d" for delivered and then a "R" for received/read. A smiley face would light up when I had a new message. Now for some reason I had to restart my phone and that is gone. It still has the messenger through the e-mail icon, however the icon I was used to is gone. There is now the BB logo (speech bubble with little square-things in it) instead.

I'm sure that it's a simple setting, but how do I change it back? I really liked the old way. I have the newest messenger and everything. Thanks in advance!
    02-08-10 07:59 PM
    Ok, so I used to have my bbmsnger set up so the conversations would stay in my my e-mail icon. When I would send a message there would be an icon that would have a "d" for delivered and then a "R" for received/read. A smiley face would light up when I had a new message. Now for some reason I had to restart my phone and that is gone. It still has the messenger through the e-mail icon, however the icon I was used to is gone. There is now the BB logo (speech bubble with little square-things in it) instead.

I'm sure that it's a simple setting, but how do I change it back? I really liked the old way. I have the newest messenger and everything. Thanks in advance!

Intertesting. I don't think you can get it back. I think the upgrade to 5.0 changed the icon notification.
    02-08-10 08:38 PM
    yes it did. the original bbm had a smiley face as the notifier for new messages. bbm 5.0 has the blue speech bubble with the bb logo as the notifier. unfortunately the only to change this is to downgrade your bbm to the older version.
    02-08-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD