My BB Messenger conversations keep vanishing.
    Can any one help me in setting this right
    10-24-09 11:12 PM
    Just checking but are you removing the conversations from the messages app? The second thing, how much free memory do you have on your device? If its running out of memory your device will start to delete stuff....
    10-24-09 11:24 PM
    Check your file free memory as it sounds that it is too low. Go to options>status and check it. When you have low memory the device will delete texts, emails, bbm convos etc. If it is too low you can delete unused apps. Also make sure pics are being stored on a media card and not device memory, those will help. You can also use the Memory Optimization link in my signature to help...
    Last edited by Iceman; 10-24-09 at 11:27 PM.
    10-24-09 11:25 PM
    There is nothing to set right. If a conversation disappears it means the person you were talking to deleted it. Nothing to worry about!
    Not true, your conversation & conversation history will remain even if the other participant closes the chat. If they deleted you off their list that's a different story....
    10-24-09 11:26 PM
    My group chat messages also oftens disappear...file free memory is no lower than 80...would this be a bug with bbm 5.0?...this does not happen with pictures in group chat...could this be also caused by how other members keeping chat messages? Sometimes it would read like 1 day, 3 days, etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:28 AM
    this happen to my group too. not only my chat history that disappear, but everyone's chat history within the group gone as well. we set the history for "forever" but nothing change.

any advices?
    10-26-09 08:54 AM
    Happens to me too. Weird

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 03:53 PM
    I am in no groups anymore and this happens to me. My conversations seems to disappear even if it is less than a day old.
    12-05-09 12:24 PM
    I have had this issue as well. I always figured it was low memory.
    12-05-09 01:37 PM
    I have the same problem ... my group chat always disappear. What's the bottom limit of memory I must have to keep the conversation?
    12-08-09 03:18 AM
    My memory is fine, sometimes parts of the conversations just disappear...
    12-08-09 04:35 AM
    A chat screen only holds a certain # of messages before the older ones get deleted, most likely for memory conservation reasons. This appears to be by design.
    12-09-09 08:05 AM
    A chat screen only holds a certain # of messages before the older ones get deleted, most likely for memory conservation reasons. This appears to be by design.
    And I almost forgot, if you want to keep a full message history you can enable an option to "save message history" to your SD card / device memory.
    12-09-09 08:07 AM
    It's nothing to do with the amount of space on the messenger window, or the amount of free space on my blackberry. My convos have been deleted about six times in the last 12 hours. For no reason. Sometimes there will only be about 6 messages back and forth, and they're gone. Then again, I have Telus, and they've been pretty problematic since I bought the phone
    12-09-09 09:09 AM
    same problem here but it happens arbitrarily sometimes minutes after i've sent someone a message. and i have PLENTY of free memory
    02-26-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD