When i first start to use messenger I can usually can get through 1-2 msgs then the contact i'm writing to goes offline and I don't receive msgs for 3-5 min, they come back online once again but after a while (1-2 msgs) they go offline again.

This has happened for the past week with 7+ contacts, sometimes at the same time with 3 of them. I have 5 bar 3G signal and i've tried switching to EDGE only with no luck. I've resent the service books and done a battery pull. What else can I do?

Thanks
    01-03-09 12:51 PM
    It sounds like an issue on their end since you have 3G signal the whole time... While they are offline try using your browser or other data service to verify you have data signal. If so, it must be a problem with the recipient being on the phone or otherwise not available. Welcome to CB!
    01-03-09 12:53 PM
    They don't want to talk to you it sounds like they may be multi tasking and either getting calls or calling while you are talking to them, you have tried all of the recommendations for first trouble shooting this sort of issue (batt pull and svc books) I would try loading a newer os but that is a little far for this small of a problem and I just like having the latest and greatest maybe someone with a little more insight into how bbm works will give you some other ideas. Good luck and welcome!
    When this happens does it show that the msg has been delivered or read? (Shown by the D or R next to the check mark)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tekneakz; 01-03-09 at 01:06 PM.
    01-03-09 01:04 PM
    It sounds like an issue on their end since you have 3G signal the whole time... While they are offline try using your browser or other data service to verify you have data signal. If so, it must be a problem with the recipient being on the phone or otherwise not available. Welcome to CB!
    Thanks for you response, I do have perfect signal, web browser and everything works, the weird thing is that sometimes I'm talking to 2 or 3 contacts and in a timeframe of 1 min they all go offline. So i was wondering if there was something I could reset.
    01-03-09 01:04 PM
    They don't want to talk to you it sounds like they may be multi tasking and either getting calls or calling while you are talking to them, you have tried all of the recommendations for first trouble shooting this sort of issue (batt pull and svc books) I would try loading a newer os but that is a little far for this small of a problem and I just like having the latest and greatest maybe someone with a little more insight into how bbm works will give you some other ideas. Good luck and welcome!

I'm currently running .215, I wonder if it has some bug associated with BB messenger. Thanks!
    01-03-09 01:06 PM
    I'm currently running .215, I wonder if it has some bug associated with BB messenger. Thanks!
    I have run all OS from .167 up and have had no bad experiences with BBM. Might not hurt to reload the app or upgrade your OS to .216 if you want to eliminate potential problems
    01-03-09 01:11 PM
    I have run all OS from .167 up and have had no bad experiences with BBM. Might not hurt to reload the app or upgrade your OS to .216 if you want to eliminate potential problems
    I'll do that this afternoon and see how it goes, thanks for your help.
    01-03-09 01:13 PM
    I know exactly what you're talking about. Once I send a msg or two, they get a red box over their face. I see that
    this isn't an isolated case.

01-03-09 03:43 PM
    look under contact status and see what is says.

if it says "contact is unreachable" then u need to do a battery pull
    01-03-09 04:18 PM
    catgo, i just got a blackberry and my carrier is tigo honduras too, do you have any idea how i can enable the browser and everythin else? is there a way to do it using the Desktop manager, or should i go to tigo?
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD