Okay, now BB Messenger is running in the background all of the time in the 9630 5.0 update. Is there no way to delete it??
    03-30-10 09:18 PM
    Nope its part of the core applications for some reason and they cannot be deleted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:25 PM
    Nope its part of the core applications for some reason and they cannot be deleted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dang, im using .40 and i removed it because i never use it... every thread i read today makes me think i should just stick with .40
    03-30-10 09:35 PM
    Go to your options--applications--on the top right, select add on---find blackberry messenger--select it--delete

Or

Using bbsak you can just remove the cod file. I am pretty sure it will remove it

this is the bbm cod file

net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod

these are the bbm groups cods

net_rim_bbgroup_calendar.cod
    net_rim_bbgroup_database.cod
    net_rim_bbgroup_inbox.cod
    net_rim_bbgroup_lists.cod
    net_rim_bbgroup_messaging.cod
    net_rim_bbgroup_photos.cod
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-30-10 at 09:47 PM.
    03-30-10 09:39 PM
    delete it on desktop manager. then reinstall it.
    03-30-10 09:57 PM
    delete it on desktop manager. then reinstall it.
    She wants to delete it, not reinstall it..
    03-30-10 09:58 PM
    ok. with the .591 update, it became a "core" app. but if you go to blackberry.com/messenger from your phone's browser and download the newest version (which did not come with the .591 update) and install it, then it will be moved to "add on" apps. And at that point, it can be deleted.
    03-30-10 10:16 PM
    ok. with the .591 update, it became a "core" app. but if you go to blackberry.com/messenger from your phone's browser and download the newest version (which did not come with the .591 update) and install it, then it will be moved to "add on" apps. And at that point, it can be deleted.
    Thanks for the information! Went to BB App World, downloaded the newer version (yes, there is a newer version than what we just got with our new Tour OS update) and then I was able to delete it.

Hopefully Blackberry Desktop Manager won't insist on putting it back...

Thanks for the heads up, one less battery and resource draining app (and also, I can go back to the old style look and feel of my SMS)!

Kudos to you bro!
    03-30-10 11:53 PM
    Thanks, that worked great!
    03-30-10 11:55 PM
    Isn't BBM 5.0.0.66 the newest one? That's what came w/ my Tour OS upgrade. I had 5.0.0.57 before, which is what is in the APP world.
    03-31-10 12:28 AM
    i love your post my dear, it was driving me crazy all day today after i upgraded my OS on 9700, i had no choice to delete BBM unlike on previous OS's then i googled it i got this thread, thx so much, God bless you!!!
    04-02-10 07:04 PM
    Yes, thank you so much for this information. I also Googled this and found this thread. Worked like a charm!
    04-10-10 02:03 AM
    Yes - Thank you so much for posting the way of ridding ourselves of the unwanted unwelcomed Messenger. Kudos!
    04-13-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD