I just purchased a new 9700 from AT&T (previously had an 8900). I had been saving all of my BBM history on my SD card. I inserted my SD card into my new 9700 and started BBM but cannot find the history for any of my contacts. Can anyone give me any idea why this is?

Also, when I first started BBM on the 9700, I checked the options and didn't have several of the options I was familiar with...namely the ability to backup/restore to SD card was not listed. (But, I did find a new option to display when I was on the phone and was able to see that one of my contacts was busy.) To correct this, and the above problem, I decided to download BBM from App World and reinstall. After the install, I still can't see anything in "View History" and now the option to "display when on phone" is gone.

I am beginning to think I am/was seeing things. Can someone please let me know what I need to do. The current version I have loaded is 5.0.0.57. And also, that is the version that was listed initially, even though the options menu was much more limited.
    06-21-10 08:39 AM
    I finally called AT&T and they passed me on thru to RIM technical support. The girl I spoke with gave me the standard spill to do backup, then a "security wipe" and then reload my applications. I have reservations that this will fix the problem, but they gave me a case number good for 3 days, so I am in the process of doing a "security wipe" as I am writing this. Apparently a "security wipe" takes some time as mine has been going for well over 25 minutes. I will update status after all is finished.
    06-21-10 09:20 PM
    I performed the "security wipe" and the results were the same.... still couldn't got the my BBM chat "view history". I called back to RIM tech support with a case number and this is the answer I got this time. The BBM program "encrypts" the chat messages...so the only way for me to view my old messages is to put the SD card back in my old 8900 and view them that way. I cannot view them by putting them in my new 9700 because (I presume) it uses a different encryption. So, you can save message to your SD card, but it might be futile because sometime in the future you are going to get a new phone and they will become obsolete. Just FYI as explained to me by a RIM tech support person.
    06-24-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD