I tried to download .57 BBIM, during the DL, i was getting an error saying that my device was having problems connection to the BB application server. I paused the download and restarted it and that seemed to work. Once my device was restarted, i got and uncaught security exception and now BBIM does not work at all. checked under aplications and it says that .57 is installed. I am going to uninstall it and reinstall it. Other than that, does anyone have any other suggestions or does anyone know where I might be able to get an older version like .56 of BBIM?

Thanks
    12-23-09 07:05 AM
    Uninstall, reinstall. It's just the patience needed during the process that will cost you a few brain cells!
    I must add, if you uninstall you might lose all previous contacts...might be worth the effort to just install again wihtout the uninstall if you have a lot of contacts already. The device will just ask you if you want to overwrite existing program with same number. Say "yes" and give it a shot. That should work too.
    12-23-09 07:07 AM
    Thanks! But I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, however, with this newer version, I backed up my contacts several times, if you know how to retrieve them, if you could let me know, that would be greatly appreciated. If not, I will waste a few brain cells trying to figure it out.

Thanks
    12-23-09 07:12 AM
    They are having an ooutage with this, thats probably why you cant download it.
    12-23-09 07:28 AM
    I got it to work, just trying to figure out how to download the backed up contacts that I backed up previously.
    12-23-09 07:38 AM
    Where did you back them up to? remotely or to DM.
    12-23-09 07:43 AM
    remotely. thought I have put them on the device, when I try to restore them, shows me the folder that it defaults them to (I did not change the location) and it's empty. So, either I was dreamin when I backed them up or there gone!
    12-23-09 07:48 AM
    or you put them on your memory card....
    it will always default to the device when doing a restore.
    12-23-09 07:49 AM
    Try a restore by email
    12-23-09 07:51 AM
    Tony,
    How do I recover from memory card?
    12-23-09 08:05 AM
    Tony,
    How do I recover from memory card?
    If you have them backed up on the card, just keep hitting the up icon on the screen until you see
    device memory
    memory card

then chose memory card.
    It's in the messenger folder I think.
    12-23-09 08:11 AM
    Thanks Tony. That did it. much appreciated.
    12-23-09 08:37 AM
    no problem.....that's what we are all here for
    12-23-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD