Is anyone a heavy BB Messenger user? I am curious as to how much data you use when using it? I would like to use it in place of text messages to others with Blackberries but I also would like to have the 200MB data plan with ATT. I also plan on doing some web browsing but would prefer a computer when available.
    08-08-10 02:17 PM
    it uses very little data unless of course you are transferring files, images, etc.
    08-08-10 02:24 PM
    There is also WiFi if you are worried about data overage. However I think 200mb of data is more than enough for personal use I rarely ever hit that much data.
    08-08-10 05:55 PM
    I use bbm quite a bit, transfer files through it, have 5 email accounts set up and do quite a bit of browsing and I've never gone over 200mb in a month. I was so glad they started the tiered plans, save some cash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 07:14 PM
    I am using the 2GB plan because there are some months where I hit a little bit over 200MB so just in case. Though I have been using around 150-170 MB lately and it has been pretty heavy usage.
    08-08-10 07:20 PM
    I think that with the new browser, if you browse a lot you will need more than 200mb. Depends on how you use your phone. But the BB messenger don't use a lot of data. I hit from 2-5GB on an Iphone because I browse a lot. Last week I sold my iphone and change back to BB waiting for the Torch. I called AT&T and request to be changed to my previous BB Data Plan (unlimited). They changed very nicely.
    08-08-10 09:08 PM
    I think that with the new browser, if you browse a lot you will need more than 200mb. Depends on how you use your phone. But the BB messenger don't use a lot of data. I hit from 2-5GB on an Iphone because I browse a lot. Last week I sold my iphone and change back to BB waiting for the Torch. I called AT&T and request to be changed to my previous BB Data Plan (unlimited). They changed very nicely.
    New browser or old browser, the amount of data received while loading the exact same page will be the same.
    08-08-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD