hi im a total BB noob and i got my curve 8520 about a week ago. anywho i came across the bb messenger on my phone but how the **** do you use it? i think i connected but i dont have ny contacts. how do i add contacts?
    also i only use wifi and have no data plan. can i still use the bb messenger
    thanks
    12-21-09 12:50 PM
    i think i know why it doesnt work. its because i dont have a data plan isnt it?
    12-21-09 12:59 PM
    A data plan is needd to truly take advantage of the Blackberry!
    12-21-09 01:01 PM
    what a bunch of money grabbing.....

ok thanks. so far ive been doing fine with my wifi as everywhere i go has wifi for me to use. its just the little things like BB messenger and the apps that dont work with wifi. ill probably succumb to getting a data plan in the near future but ill see how i go for now
    12-21-09 01:08 PM
    yeh im not giving away another 25 bucks a month to get bb messenger and other apps to work..
    12-21-09 01:13 PM
    WOW 25 bucks? **** thats a total rip off.

well my data plans only costs 5 per month (thats $8). i just need to activate it. just havent yet. might do in the future. but i still feel that its too much. especially payin 180 for the phone itself. the thing is they dont tell you this **** when you buy the phone. which is really annoying
    12-21-09 01:27 PM
    i think 5 isn't actually a lot for a month. what can 5 buy you from where you are? if you divide it over the course of 30 days, it works out to only be a few cents more per day. my 2 worth.
    12-22-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD