11-16-09 05:49 PM
41 12
tools
    Shows that it downloaded but still no bbmaps, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ya, try and download it again... but just before u hit download, hit options, copy address and enter it here... then we can try it too!
    10-08-09 01:02 AM
    went to BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com to try and download because the "mobile" site wasnt working for my phone.... think its my OS.... can anyone copy the link before downloading the file?

i get the same thing.
    10-08-09 01:53 AM
    doesnt work with 5.0.0.238 on my bold. it installed fine when i was using xonz's hybrid OS but that was based on 4.6.0.297.
    10-08-09 05:37 AM
    ya, try and download it again... but just before u hit download, hit options, copy address and enter it here... then we can try it too!
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/mobile/downloadServlet

10-08-09 07:30 PM
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/mobile/downloadServlet

(How weird, replying to my own post. Anyway...). The above is the link at the download screen. I can get to this link from the mobile.blackberry.com page, but trying to get there from the BB map page give me the device not compatible error too. Very strange.

10-08-09 07:37 PM
    Did you try reinstalling the OS?

You could be right. I updated my OS almost immediately after getting the Bold and I never selected to have BB Maps installed so I can't say if it works on the Bold or not. I assumed it would since I had it for a short time on my Curve and then got rid of it in faver of google.
    For a long time AT&T had BB Maps crippled, probably due to the large amount of data it uses, but that's just a guess. When the Bold came out it was available for about 6 months or so and then back last spring they crippled it again. It's not that it wasn't installed because it always was listed under applications but they disabled it in the service books and hid it in the themes in the older model BB's. Apparenty they have had a changer of heart again.
    10-08-09 08:29 PM
    (How weird, replying to my own post. Anyway...). The above is the link at the download screen. I can get to this link from the mobile.blackberry.com page, but trying to get there from the BB map page give me the device not compatible error too. Very strange.

Im thinking we need to get the link from someone that can download it.... wonder if we can get all the links up to the Download button.....

THANKS uforgot!!!!
    10-08-09 09:19 PM
    For a long time AT&T had BB Maps crippled, probably due to the large amount of data it uses, but that's just a guess. When the Bold came out it was available for about 6 months or so and then back last spring they crippled it again. It's not that it wasn't installed because it always was listed under applications but they disabled it in the service books and hid it in the themes in the older model BB's. Apparenty they have had a changer of heart again.
    My bold never had it and ive had it since Nov 11.... and yes it was installed... stupid att.... *evil eye*
    10-08-09 09:20 PM
    My bold never had it and ive had it since Nov 11.... and yes it was installed... stupid att.... *evil eye*
    Got my Bold the first week of January and it worked then through last spring. I'll have to check and see if it works on my Curve now. For those wondering you probably need to resend service books to get it to work now.

EDIT: Didn't show up for me, odd.
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 10-08-09 at 11:22 PM.
    10-08-09 11:12 PM
    I hav .238 installed and when I go into the app list it shows bb maps under add on applications but I jus cant find the icon anywhere and im using a diff theme, it works when using locator in bbm and the link that was provided that mobileappss servlet ; I cant access that site because it says my browser is not compatible: mad: with that site it says that with mobile.blackberry.com too so what do I do? how do I get BB Maps on my bold I've looked at all the forums and cant find a solution yet, please provide a link or something someone, thanx.
    10-11-09 12:46 PM
    I hav .238 installed and when I go into the app list it shows bb maps under add on applications but I jus cant find the icon anywhere and im using a diff theme, it works when using locator in bbm and the link that was provided that mobileappss servlet ; I cant access that site because it says my browser is not compatible: mad: with that site it says that with mobile.blackberry.com too so what do I do? how do I get BB Maps on my bold I've looked at all the forums and cant find a solution yet, please provide a link or something someone, thanx.
    it only works with the 4.6 OS for now with the bold but theres a way to work around it. i added myself on BBM and sent myself my location. then you can open bb maps and do whatever you want.
    10-11-09 04:49 PM
    icon didnt show up for me but quicklaunch found it and launches it
    but if you go to about and read the about list it says it uses google items in the maps so i went back to google (os 5 on att bold)
    10-11-09 05:04 PM
    I figured out how to get BB Maps to show I deleted it went to blackberry website downloaded 1.2 then uploaded it in my DM, that allowed me to have to icon in my downloads, but now when i run it i get this error net_rim_bb_lbs:class 'net.rim.device.internal.ui.image' not found.
    any thought anyone?
    10-11-09 05:07 PM
    I had same problem with it showing that it had downloaded the "lbs_ribbon", but then I could not find it on my bb. I then went to the device manager on my pc and used the add/remove hardware function, bb maps shows up there. So I added it and now I have and icon on my bb's screen. Unfortunately it won't go to my location because it is always "searching for satellites".
    10-13-09 02:27 PM
    Since resending the service books disables BB maps, can someone please tell me how I can get a copy of the lbs_ribbon that's on the blackberry site so I can keep it offline? Just in case they decide to remove it.
    11-14-09 02:59 PM
    I could not access BB Maps either...I submitted a complaint to the FCC about it. AT&T called me a few weeks later claiming they don't block anything, but the rep had someone in their office with a Bold, downloaded the lbs_ribbon file and couldn't find the icon for BB Maps. I had the same issue as we talked on the phone. They said they would get back to me - that was 2 weeks ago. Now after I upgraded to the latest official OS from AT&T, BB Maps icon showed up. Go figure. I would love to believe that my complaint caused them to release the new OS. I haven't seen any differences in this new OS 4.6.0.304. Anyone know what the significance is with .304?
    11-16-09 05:49 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD