07-24-11 11:59 PM
87 ... 234
tools
    This little program is a God send. Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for for the last week.
    04-16-11 07:19 PM
    Too bad we can't get someone to update the icon... *hint,hint*
    Last edited by Lucky45; 04-25-11 at 11:42 PM.
    04-17-11 07:44 PM
    ok ok ok.....
    OS6.1 icon here http://www.gln.bz/dl/bbmapslaunch.jad

It's just an icon.... wtf....
    Lucky45 likes this.
    04-18-11 07:49 PM
    Hi! I am a total freshie! All I know is that I cannot find my maps icon on my new bold 9700. I would like to download your launcher but I don't have the slightest clue how to do it. Could you please tell me how...oh, and please explain it as though I was born yesterday, because as far as blackberries go, I was...

Thanks!!

P.S. I do not have a data plan. I hope that doesn't affect anything in this particular situation.
    05-21-11 03:17 PM

P.S. I do not have a data plan. I hope that doesn't affect anything in this particular situation.
    it will - BBMaps needs data to pull the map info...
    05-21-11 03:20 PM
    Hi! I am a total freshie! All I know is that I cannot find my maps icon on my new bold 9700. I would like to download your launcher but I don't have the slightest clue how to do it. Could you please tell me how...oh, and please explain it as though I was born yesterday, because as far as blackberries go, I was...

Thanks!!

You need a specific data plan to use maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 03:21 PM
    Seriously??? That sucks! Rrrgh! I hate how theres always a way for Rogers to tighten it's noose around my neck! What's the point of having a GPS receiver if you have to have use cellular network to run the software anyway?
    05-21-11 03:40 PM
    Seriously??? That sucks! Rrrgh! I hate how theres always a way for Rogers to tighten it's noose around my neck! What's the point of having a GPS receiver if you have to have use cellular network to run the software anyway?
    Probably much the same point as having a BlackBerry smartphone with out a BlackBerry data plan
    05-21-11 03:45 PM
    If you want to use GPS without a data plan you should buy a GPS device. The phones use data to download map data over the air as you use it and then delete the data when you no longer need it. Having all the map data preloaded on the phone would require a ton of memory. Another bonus to having map data accessed OTA is the ability of that data to be much more current than something that was preloaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 04:58 PM
    I think you misd the point. These navigation download map data as you need them. They aren't preloaded. That is why the data plan is required. If you need a stand-alone solution you have two options:

1) buy a GPS unit that has the maps preloaded. Tis option ensures you have GPS capability regardless of cellular coverage which I have found is a nice thing to have if you do a lot of travel through the Rocky mountains.

2) do a Google arch for open source map navigation programs (NavIT, RoadNav, Open GIS, etc.). I believe that there is an open source effort to create a navigation program which allows for downloading a regional map database to your phone. I also believe that they have apps for Blackberry, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone, but you have to hunt for them because they aren't always posted in the App stores of the respective platforms. There might have one for Palm WebOS too, but they didn't the last time I was looking for the app.
    05-22-11 07:45 PM
    newbie here:
    how do i launch the launcher...
    06-01-11 01:44 PM
    I know this is an old post, but I'm having this issue, and I'm not literate enough to know what I'm supposed to do with the link you provided...do I plug my phone into the computer, how do I get that on my phone? Very frustrated as I can't use Blackberry Traffic or Places from Facebook because Blackberry Maps doesn't work.
    07-24-11 11:59 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD