07-25-11 12:59 AM
87 1234
tools
    When I had initially heard about the BB Maps dilemma thanks to our good friends at AT&T, I wasn't too upset. But I stumbled on this post with the launcher and I must say I'm too excited lol! Thanks so much!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 12:29 AM
    Works flawlessly! Thank you for the link!!!

04-03-10 01:12 AM
    This works great!! I've installed it on 2 AT&T 9700's and a VZN 8330.

ONE PROBLEM.

This does not resolve an issue that I (and others) have had with the "Local Search" in BB Maps not working.

Someone else found that if you also install the ribbon that the local search will function. (download OTA at mobile.blackberry.com ...........scroll down and look for bb maps download)

Some additional information can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bl...sabled-378498/
    04-03-10 07:02 PM
    The launcher does not work for me, and I cannot get BB Maps to open even using QuickLaunch. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    04-04-10 12:17 PM
    My issue has been resolved.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-04-10 11:41 PM
    thank you X100 for doing this. i could launch maps etc when i clicked links to addresses online or on fb stuff but could not for the life of me figure out how to just launch the app to find directions on my own! (i apologize for the run-on sentence! im just so overjoyed that my maps logo shows now!!!!!)

thank u thanku thanku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xoxoxoxoxo
    04-17-10 09:00 PM
    An attempt to clear the air:

1)
    http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad
    This is the launcher download that this thread started on. It appears to work for most all with OS 5.xxxxxx. However, the 'Local Search' did not work for me and others with this launcher installed. I found that you must also install/download the ribbon file from Blackberry for the 'Local Search' to work.

2)
    mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps_sbi
    or
    http://http://mobileapps.blackberry....?code=maps_sbi
    This will download the ribbon directly from Blackberry. This seems to provide access to BB Maps for OS 4.xxxx and OS 5.xxxx users........but......I found that this ribbon "mysteriously disappears" upon a reboot (some people say this does not happen to them). It only takes a few seconds to reinstall if it disappears. I keep this link bookmarked in my browser so I can access it anytime to re-download/install .............simply to have the 'Local Search' available when running BB Maps.

3) IMO, the easiest way to access BB Maps is with Quicklaunch........but......the 'Local Search' will not be operable without the ribbon download/installed from Blackberry. I'm not geek enough to explain why..........I just know that 'Local Search' won't work for me without the Blackberry ribbon file.

Hope this helps a few
    05-09-10 08:14 PM
    what happened to the ribbon.lds file? mine still works on an att phone... the only time is "disappears" is when i re-send the service books to the phone..
    05-09-10 08:47 PM
    Hi,

I have a Bold and 8900 on AT&T and BB Maps is hidden on both.
    Both are running a 5.0 beta.
    So I finally made a little program that only launches BB Maps....
    Anyone else miss BB Maps?
    Here is the OTA if you want to try it. Let me know if it works for you and if so I'll put it in the app store as well.

Cheers,
    Todd
    Hi, I am very new over here and when I open the .jad file from my memory card and when I press download, it comes up with the following error msg: "907 Invalid COD File not found"

Can you please guide me through how to fix this issue...

Many Thanks.
    08-26-10 12:38 AM
    Hi, I am very new over here and when I open the .jad file from my memory card and when I press download, it comes up with the following error msg: "907 Invalid COD File not found"

Can you please guide me through how to fix this issue...

Many Thanks.
    Just curious... What device are you trying to get BB Maps to work on?

And how are you attempting to download this if you're loading it from your memory card?

08-26-10 12:43 AM
    It does not work for me . I Have a Blackberry Bold 9700 ( AT&T , US ) , I have downloaded blackberry maps , & now the launcher , when I click on the launcher , a system message pops up and tells me : "Uncaught exception : cannot start internal application " , & all I can do from that screen is click " OK " . Does anybody have any help ?

08-28-10 05:24 PM
    Just an FYI on anyone that is a Torch owner, this works!
    08-29-10 04:04 PM
    Hi,

I have a Bold and 8900 on AT&T and BB Maps is hidden on both.
    Both are running a 5.0 beta.
    So I finally made a little program that only launches BB Maps....
    Anyone else miss BB Maps?
    Here is the OTA if you want to try it. Let me know if it works for you and if so I'll put it in the app store as well.

Thanks Todd - had the same problem with my Curve 8900.

BB Maps was there on 4.6.x, but ICON not visible. Curve 8900 running OS5 (.509)

seems I was missing module : net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon

Downloaded OTA launcher and it starts OK. Seems to have some location/sat issues, but these are different.

Thanks !!

EDIT: Also downloaded the BB Ribbon file
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi

This installed the MAPS icon on my BB.
    Last edited by nsx1164; 09-06-10 at 08:07 PM. Reason: additional resolution info
    09-06-10 07:28 PM
    Well, this thread is a bit old but figure I'll ask here before starting a new one:

The ribbon works for me until I reboot the phone. Anybody know why this is (service books?) or a way to stop it from disappearing (maybe bbsak)? Thanks.

10-02-10 12:06 AM
    There is no way to stop the ribbon from disappearing. Just use the launcher from the start of the thread, not the ribbon.
    10-19-10 07:56 PM
    How about an update for the new OS6 icon?

10-20-10 09:47 PM
    subscribed
    11-07-10 07:14 PM
    I have a 9800 with .337 installed. The launcher is just what I've been looking for, but I can't make it work. I keep getting an uncaught error message. Too bad, but its a great idea.
    11-19-10 09:42 PM
    pearl 3G on OS 6, launcher works fine, I get my location but no data seem to be downloaded, as the screen is white, but it gives me the coordinates. So .... any help>
    11-24-10 05:37 PM
    Hmm. I Need to try the launcher again and see what happens on my 9800. Yep, it's an old, but, very useful thread for those using BBMaps.
    11-26-10 08:28 PM
    I get this message when I use my BB Browser, type in the address for the download and click download.

907 Invalid COD A Network error occurred. What is causing this? I would love to try BB Maps.

Thank you for your help! By the way, I have a Torch.
    02-06-11 09:52 PM
    I get this message when I use my BB Browser, type in the address for the download and click download.

907 Invalid COD A Network error occurred. What is causing this? I would love to try BB Maps.

Thank you for your help! By the way, I have a Torch.
    All that you need is right there

I have another problem - icon has appeared, but when I go ahead I can see just a shaded screen. GPS is working, but I can't see the map.
    Bold 9700 5.0
    Last edited by Zabold; 02-10-11 at 09:12 AM.
    02-10-11 09:10 AM
    I am using an unbranded Bold 9780 in AT&T's network. Maplauncher does not work. It installs correctly, but the scrren is white. There is a crosshair in the middle of the screen. Some data seem to download. I get my location. The map options are there (when you hit the BB key), but the screen is always white with no map.

I have BES.

What is going on? Any help?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    02-20-11 03:01 AM
    I am using an unbranded Bold 9780 in AT&T's network. Maplauncher does not work. It installs correctly, but the scrren is white. There is a crosshair in the middle of the screen. Some data seem to download. I get my location. The map options are there (when you hit the BB key), but the screen is always white with no map.

I have BES.

What is going on? Any help?

Thanks,
    Tintin
    Its because AT&T isn't pushing the service book for BB Maps yet...

tintin123456 likes this.
    02-20-11 03:03 AM
    Its because AT&T isn't pushing the service book for BB Maps yet...

I read your other post where you attached the service books. I understand how to install them in my phone, but I don't know how to "push" them. You wrote: go to e-mail setup and push it. I am running BES. Can you give me a step-by-step detials on how to push service books when running BES?

Thanks very much.

I just PMed you.

Tintin
    02-20-11 03:23 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD