hey,
    i really want bb maps on my bold9700 but to download it i have to have app world which is not available where i am right now so is there any other place i can download it from??

so then i tried google maps and it said that it is not yet available for 9700..

Plz Help..
    07-12-10 12:25 PM
    Google Maps is out for the 9700

Google Maps for mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 12:31 PM
    I have google maps on my 9700 and if you have quicklaunch they have a shortcut for bbmaps which is on the phone too
    07-12-10 12:37 PM
    i downloaded it off the blackberry site using the browser

i dont think its the app world so you should be fine
    07-12-10 01:49 PM
    m.blackberry.com > where to buy > downloads > get bb maps. It is just the ribbon file to make the bb maps icon show up in your apps list. Bb maps is installed by default with every load and can be launched via quicklaunch or poynt.

07-12-10 08:27 PM
    Downloaded the ribbon file but still can't see it in the apps?

07-13-10 03:22 AM
    Is it in your downloads folder?

07-13-10 10:54 PM
    hey,
    i really want bb maps on my bold9700 but to download it i have to have app world which is not available where i am right now so is there any other place i can download it from??

so then i tried google maps and it said that it is not yet available for 9700..

Plz Help..
    Basically it is already on your phone you just need the lbs_ribbon file which makes the icon show up...........Visit the below site from your phones browser.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi
    Last edited by mke67; 07-13-10 at 11:56 PM.
    07-13-10 11:54 PM
    Is it in your downloads folder?

Nope definately not in there

07-14-10 03:20 AM
    Is your carrier AT&T? They had BlackBerry Maps, since they want you to subscribe to their Telenav.

If you buy QuickLaunch, which is a very useful app with a lot of great features, you can open BB Maps using QuickLaunch.

07-14-10 07:44 AM
    My carrier is Optus Australia and you can't buy apps from appworld in Australia, it sucks

07-14-10 10:59 AM
    StormOTA - BlackBerry Maps. O know it says storm ota but it should work.
    07-14-10 11:08 AM
    StormOTA - BlackBerry Maps. O know it says storm ota but it should work.
    NO IT DID CERTAINLY NOT WORK!!!! i now cant restart my phone it keeps kinda starting in a kind of safe mode and i keep gettiing uncaught exception, java errors, HELP!!!!
    07-14-10 11:48 AM
    Go to apps and delete. The best way to get bbmaps on your phone is to download your Os amd plug into dm. It will recognize the files you are missinggand ask if you want certain ones back.
    07-14-10 11:50 AM
    Ive used the app loader to delete BBmaps because i couldnt open the applications.
    Should i do a restore from a backup file?

Can someone help me? do i have to wipe my device? im only new to BB's
    Last edited by arbonb; 07-14-10 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added a question
    07-14-10 11:53 AM
    U can wipe amd reload your Os. Can't hurt. Before so I suggest a security wipe through options. Then see what happens. First back up your device
    07-14-10 02:26 PM
    Basically it is already on your phone you just need the lbs_ribbon file which makes the icon show up...........Visit the below site from your phones browser.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=maps_sbi
    Yeah ok earlier it did download but it did not show up as u said..... So I went to the site u gave me above and it said:

Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps...

?????????????????????

07-14-10 03:03 PM
    [QUOTE=LOGITEC;5346164]Go to apps and delete. The best way to get bbmaps on your phone is to download your Os amd plug into dm. It will recognize the files you are missinggand ask if you want certain ones back.[/QUO

my phone also became a brick, your advise is horrible, i spent half of a day today till i fixed it, please folks do not try t download from this stupid link, i had to wipe my phone via jl cmnder because its not possible to wipe from phone
    07-14-10 10:17 PM
    I fixed mine by reloading my old OS, seems to be working fine

07-15-10 04:38 AM
    Yeah I did download it but then I didn't find it in my apps or downloads! Can someone plz tell me how to make it appear step by step ...thank u so much,

07-16-10 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD