04-05-11 02:09 PM
151 ... 4567
tools
    its a droid but i dont think anyone mentioned what kind. I dont know either
    He got the same one Baba Booey has...Verizon Global 2 Droid (the one that has the horizontal shift keyboard) But for the last week, all he's done is complain about the battery life, problems finding the camera to snap pics, Lotus notes problems, etc. Pretty sure he'll be back with BlackBerry when someone let's him see their new Bold Touch in August

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:42 AM
    I'm wondering if he's still gonna grab a Playbook since he doesn't have a BB anymore. He was talking about the Playbook for awhile cause he liked how it does Flash unlike the iPad. Will be interesting to see how he proceeds.....?

Actually it looks like Howard is now interested in the Xoom, and has the head of google and android willing to call him to speak about the product and help him with his battery life.
    Last edited by MattyG27; 02-02-11 at 04:48 PM.
    02-02-11 10:14 AM
    I'm wondering if he's still gonna grab a Playbook since he doesn't have a BB anymore. He was talking about the Playbook for awhile cause he liked how it does Flash unlike the iPad. Will be interesting to see how he proceeds.....?

Actually it looks like Howard is not interested in the Xoom, and has the head of google and android willing to call him to speak about the product and help him with his battery life.
    I think you meant to say he's interested in the Xoom.
    02-02-11 03:34 PM
    He went on about hating to type on his iPad and it was useless for productivity. He also wondered whether the Xoom had a keyboard... LOL...
    02-02-11 05:54 PM
    According to a good source(Richie Wilson of Howard TV) Howard has the new Motorola Droid Pro. DROID Pro by MOTOROLA - Business Cell Phone - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
    02-02-11 08:32 PM
    According to a good source(Richie Wilson of Howard TV) Howard has the new Motorola Droid Pro. DROID Pro by MOTOROLA - Business Cell Phone - Experience - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
    Gary has the Droid 2 and Howard was hounding him for his opinion on it so he could get it as well. I'm pretty sure Howard has the Droid 2.
    02-02-11 10:16 PM
    Gary has the Droid 2 and Howard was hounding him for his opinion on it so he could get it as well. I'm pretty sure Howard has the Droid 2.
    yes, Howard also has the Global 2 Droid with keyboard shift
    02-03-11 12:11 PM
    Well, I guess Android wasn't exciting enough either. After getting a wild hair and converting all of his home PCs to Apple desktops and laptops recently, he took the extra step of switching to a VZW iPhone. He said he liked the Droid but the battery was a pain and he needed a team of people to help him learn it.

Of course, after raving about his new Apple stuff for a day or two, iTunes toasted one of his laptops or the iPad2 when he tried to buy a movie. LOL...
    03-26-11 11:06 AM
    hehe he cant win
    03-26-11 12:17 PM
    hehe he cant win
    Charlie sheen sure can!!!WINNING!!!!!!

03-26-11 08:19 PM
    Well, I guess Android wasn't exciting enough either. After getting a wild hair and converting all of his home PCs to Apple desktops and laptops recently, he took the extra step of switching to a VZW iPhone. He said he liked the Droid but the battery was a pain and he needed a team of people to help him learn it.

Of course, after raving about his new Apple stuff for a day or two, iTunes toasted one of his laptops or the iPad2 when he tried to buy a movie. LOL...
    Regardless of his choice, it's safe to say he will never got back to Blackberry just like the countless people that realized that other platforms have much more to offer.
    03-26-11 09:15 PM
    Regardless of his choice, it's safe to say he will never got back to Blackberry just like the countless people that realized that other platforms have much more to offer.
    Sadly, one thing they don't seem to offer is interesting enough sites so you all keep coming here to slag off rim instead.
    03-27-11 05:15 AM
    Listen Guys, Ok.. Blackberry was once the best for smart phones but in the last 2 years i could honestly say that they have not had anything exciting about them BUT people still bought them because lets face it. MOST people are fanboys. They stay true to their brand for whatever reason they have.
    I have to disagree with that.

I think MOST people are mature enough to decide what works or doesn't work for them.

Besides, what is exciting to some, might not be exciting to others. And vice versa, of course.

Just my two cents.
    03-27-11 06:57 AM
    I think the spirit and intent of the OP's point is being lost on various opinions of Stern and other celebrities. The POINT of the thread, at least, in my view, is that Stern, who has millions of listeners (I'm not one of them), is saying he's disappointed. This may or may not come as news to many of us here, but I agree 100% with his premise.

Take a look at the front page of CB today in the "What you may have missed this week" section. FIVE of the eight headers, refer to the Playbook. I'm sick of hearing about the PB. I'm not in the market (at least, at the time) for a tablet device, but I AM in the market for a good smartphone on VZW's network. I've had Storms since they first appeared and liked them, they performed for me. But the time is WAY past due for an upgrade to a faster browser, increased speed and memory and a more contemporary device. RIM appears to be putting far too may eggs in one basket, a mistake, I think.
    Chrisy and Machzy like this.
    03-27-11 02:53 PM
    Maybe Sterns is one of those that won't switch to AT&T so he had the if I can't have it I don't want or need it type of people and now that the iphone is aval on big red he can have what he really wanted?
    03-27-11 03:12 PM
    Before this goes all over the map, let's get a few details. Howard was generally happy with his BB for quite a while, especially once he got off of ATT in NY. The only reason he was looking to change was because JD would send him links to clips that he wanted to be able to watch and couldn't always play them with the BB. So it basically comes down to the same issue of the browser. He never tried OS6

I don't deal with those kinds of links so its not really an issue for me.
    03-27-11 03:38 PM
    Sadly, one thing they don't seem to offer is interesting enough sites so you all keep coming here to slag off rim instead.
    Androic central
    Droid life
    XDA developers (no BB support)
    Android and me
    Phandroid
    and so on and so on

Is that all you got? Weak and wack
    03-27-11 04:47 PM
    Wow, this thread is still alive and kicking??!!

Howard is on to his VZW iPhone and not going back. He is now part of the herd of iWhatever followers and thinks Jobs is a genius. HAHA!!
    03-27-11 06:33 PM
    A couple of OEM back-up batteries at $7 a pop will keep my BB Tour going strong for days. It's funny seeing iphone user drones in coffee shops and libraries constantly charging their phones. I refuse to be held hostage by Apple's battery-life limitations.

Blackberry Owners represent true independence with the God-given right to access & pull our batteries out anytime and anywhere we want!
    03-27-11 07:02 PM
    Do what MS seems to always do when a celeb or someone with 15 mins of fame complains about a competiting product int their field. Give them a free product or help to convert.

If he is such a bb fanatic, give him a playbook and judging by most people reactions and for what he wants, he'll be extremely happy with it and lastly he's a "media" celeb he'll talk it up but having read further into some of thid thread he seems to have converted to all things apple so whatever. Don't even like the guy anyways, glad I don't have to hear his crap outside the us

Last edited by zensen; 03-27-11 at 11:37 PM.
    03-27-11 11:32 PM
    Just for the heck of it, I had a dream last night that i got a gift from my mum and it was an iPhone 4. I was gladly taking pictures of everyone using it whilst my bold was in my pocket. Oh noesssss.

Could i be secretly unhappy with rim too? naaaaaaa
    03-28-11 12:49 AM
    Androic central
    Droid life
    XDA developers (no BB support)
    Android and me
    Phandroid
    and so on and so on
    A very helpful list, hopefully some of those who only come here to troll will check them out and realise they don't have to **** up every thread on this board.
    DAMION99 likes this.
    03-28-11 02:22 AM
    A very helpful list, hopefully some of those who only come here to troll will check them out and realise they don't have to **** up every thread on this board.
    Yeah, he kinda missed the sarcasm lol

DAMION99 likes this.
    03-28-11 02:25 AM
    Chris Rock was on Howard today and the issue of phones came up. It started with a discussion of the iPad and they both agreed they loved it. Chris said he sometimes writes comedy notes on his BB and Howard asked why he didn't have an iPhone:

"...because I'm doing business and I like to type. And plus here's the thing with the iPhone - It's a *toy. And I like having a PHONE. And I don't want to be stuck on the FDR or stuck somewhere and some * skinheads are gettin ready to kill me and my phone doesn't work because I was listening to * Ja-Rule... Get the * outta here. If I wasn't listening to Ja-Rule I'd be alive right now ..."
    DAMION99 likes this.
    04-04-11 09:20 PM
    Chris Rock was on Howard today and the issue of phones came up. It started with a discussion of the iPad and they both agreed they loved it. Chris said he sometimes writes comedy notes on his BB and Howard asked why he didn't have an iPhone:

"...because I'm doing business and I like to type. And plus here's the thing with the iPhone - It's a *toy. And I like having a PHONE. And I don't want to be stuck on the FDR or stuck somewhere and some * skinheads are gettin ready to kill me and my phone doesn't work because I was listening to * Ja-Rule... Get the * outta here. If I wasn't listening to Ja-Rule I'd be alive right now ..."
    AHHH HAHAHAHAa
    04-05-11 10:35 AM
151 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD