04-05-11 03:09 PM
151 ... 23456 ...
tools
    [QUOTE=kellyjdrummer;5952035]

I've been ignoring Howard Stern since day one.
    Never listen to him. Used to watch him late night to see some ta-tas.

Only good the show ever had.
    01-17-11 05:47 PM
    Howard Stern has nothing to do about Blackberry's lack luster and behind the times product line. If im not mistaken the Stern office is connected through Verizon.
    01-17-11 09:55 PM
    Lets fold the company because HOWARD STERN has lost interest in his blackberry. Maybe if his blackberry had fake breasts he wouldnt want to go to another platform
    01-17-11 10:31 PM
    Weather you like Howard or not is irrelevant, the fact is that he's a disheartened Blackberry user. This is a general trend thats on the increase. Howard is not a tech savvy guy but still realizes that his Blackberry is falling short of other devices. What does that say for the rest of us that are in the "know"? It says that Blackberry is falling behind and it doesn't take a genius to realize that.
    MattyG27 and howarmat like this.
    01-17-11 10:43 PM
    Me caveman, me so out of sorts with 2 year old technology...oh woe with me, how will me the caveman survive!

I shall grab a lass around the neck and drag her to dinner table and commence in chowing down on rabbit bones...the simple life!

People need to get out more...I know, says the guy with all these posts. Go ahead, ask me why...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 06:12 PM
    Weather you like Howard or not is irrelevant, the fact is that he's a disheartened Blackberry user. This is a general trend thats on the increase. Howard is not a tech savvy guy but still realizes that his Blackberry is falling short of other devices. What does that say for the rest of us that are in the "know"? It says that Blackberry is falling behind and it doesn't take a genius to realize that.
    See, this guy gets the point of the thread. Everyone else likes to go off on their own tangent about why they don't care about Stern or why they hate him, or any other celebrity for that matter.
    01-19-11 06:33 PM
    Me caveman, me so out of sorts with 2 year old technology...oh woe with me, how will me the caveman survive!

I shall grab a lass around the neck and drag her to dinner table and commence in chowing down on rabbit bones...the simple life!

People need to get out more...I know, says the guy with all these posts. Go ahead, ask me why...

It's not a matter if the technology is two years old, or four years old. I'm still surviving on 2006/07 technology for my PC, and that's fine. The difference between this and phones is: the price points are more reasonable for PC parts, but not as reasonable when it comes to smart phones. It was a little refreshing to see the Torch dropped to a very reasonable 99 bucks. Also, it was interesting to see, at the time the Pre going for $49.99; I think it also went the way of BOGO, for Verizon customers, too.

If the device does what you want/need, then people shouldn't have a problem with it - and I think people, generally don't have such a problem. Their energies seem more directed at RIM's falling behind the "arms" race. I, like they, want RIM to succeed, but the signs of their making progress isn't that clear as many would like it to be.
    i7guy likes this.
    01-19-11 06:58 PM
    Man, some of you people are brainwashed beyond help....extremely sad and makes me feel for you...honestly does.

So glad I don't let my phone dictate my life into always needing what is the best and what not or by god because a disc Jockey who was faithful to BB have a change of heart and try another platform...nor do I care how many got persuaded by him to leave.

Sucks for people to think that way. Oh well, more the reason I care only about myself, family and friends, not about a phone. Still sad to see....

I wasn't persuaded by him, or anyone famous for that matter. People are persuaded by their goals, mostly. Goals will stay as constant, or as dynamic, as the people who strive toward them.
    01-19-11 07:04 PM
    It's not a matter if the technology is two years old, or four years old. I'm still surviving on 2006/07 technology for my PC, and that's fine. The difference between this and phones is: the price points are more reasonable for PC parts, but not as reasonable when it comes to smart phones. It was a little refreshing to see the Torch dropped to a very reasonable 99 bucks. Also, it was interesting to see, at the time the Pre going for $49.99; I think it also went the way of BOGO, for Verizon customers, too.

If the device does what you want/need, then people shouldn't have a problem with it - and I think people, generally don't have such a problem. Their energies seem more directed at RIM's falling behind the "arms" race. I, like they, want RIM to succeed, but the signs of their making progress isn't that clear as many would like it to be.
    Exactly.

For those who think the general trend is away from Blackberry, the financial results surely do not support that unfounded assertion.

I for one can't wait for the S3 as my next device, paired with a Playbook.
    01-19-11 08:57 PM
    Exactly.

For those who think the general trend is away from Blackberry, the financial results surely do not support that unfounded assertion.

I for one can't wait for the S3 as my next device, paired with a Playbook.
    Hmm, I'm thinking of ditching my S2 for the Bold form factor next time round. Weird eh? Only gripe would be the small screen if I do that.. which does make a huge difference in the things I do on my phone. Gahh.
    01-19-11 10:52 PM
    Lol. For those long term term Stern fans, you would know that he was a Palm Treo owner and raved about that before moving to BB.

Most of us move to a platform that makes the most sense to our own lives. Looks like Stern is moving to another platform that makes more sense to him now.

01-20-11 02:55 PM
    Howard Stern can say anything he wants. I don't have to buy it, though.
    01-20-11 03:32 PM
    If Howard moves to an android he'll be back to his trusty BB before you know it, he and his wife love BBM.
    01-20-11 04:49 PM
    Howard lost HIS excitement years ago.
    01-23-11 05:08 PM
    If Howard moves to an android he'll be back to his trusty BB before you know it, he and his wife love BBM.
    Tell me about it.

Got talked into a Milestone by Telus

Worst
    Mistake
    Ever

Waiting impatiently for the Monaco/Storm 3
    01-23-11 05:20 PM
    use the device that suits your NEEDS. Period. Blackberry suits me fine. Probably gonna scoop a Curve, maybe a Bold in a few months, cuz BB works for what I need.

Buddy of mine got a GalaxyS. Very cool, shiny big screen, lots of widgets and stuff. Good for him, it works for him. seems like a fun toy (no offense to android fans), but for me... I prefer the KISS life. (Keep It Simple, $tupid!)

01-24-11 04:13 AM
    if he wants to switch from a blackberry let him, he will regret it in the long run and coming crwling back, people ***** about wanting this and that and wanting it now, if they are unhappy go elsewhere to get it, you will soon be back
    01-26-11 06:03 AM
    He got a report that worried him today from an Android user that hated his phone. It locks up every day and he has to do a battery pull. Unfortunately, the report was from Medicated Pete, so its hard to tell if its the phone or the user.

He just said he got an Android and he likes it because the guys send him videos and video links and the BB wouldn't play them, but he also admitted that working and learning the Android is complicated and a full-time job...
    01-26-11 06:10 AM
    Robin: "What are widgets?"

Howard: "I don't know, but I've got them..."
    01-26-11 06:10 AM
    And today Howard opened the show complaining that his Droid dies after four hours.

01-27-11 09:13 AM
    And today Howard opened the show complaining that his Droid dies after four hours.

4 hours? What on earth does he use his Droid for?
    01-27-11 09:17 AM
    Nothing. It's draining as it sits idle. It is funny to hear Droid users call in and say that he has to turn everything off to get good battery life.

01-27-11 10:33 AM
    Probably has Bluetooth on, Wi-Fi on, a full song as a ringtone with vibrate, at least one email address that vibrates and/or rings quite often (possibly a full song), text message notification (possibly a full song), a few phone incoming and outgoing calls, Twitter updates, Facebook updates, weather updates, Foursquare updates, screen brightness all the way up, GPS on... you get the picture.
    01-27-11 10:35 AM
    Nothing. It's draining as it sits idle. It is funny to hear Droid users call in and say that he has to turn everything off to get good battery life.

Do we really need to go thru the Torch forums that list exactly the same advice?

Of course with ANY phone you need to turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, update schedules as well as perhaps go to 2G instead of 3G. This advice can be found in EVERY forum..including this one. If Howards a noob like everyone says he is..then guaranteed he has everything on. I can assure you..Androids dont' drain in 4 hours sitting idle properly set up.
    01-27-11 10:41 AM
    Do we really need to go thru the Torch forums that list exactly the same advice?

Of course with ANY phone you need to turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, update schedules as well as perhaps go to 2G instead of 3G. This advice can be found in EVERY forum..including this one. If Howards a noob like everyone says he is..then guaranteed he has everything on. I can assure you..Androids dont' drain in 4 hours sitting idle properly set up.
    If it makes you feel better, go with that.

CASH likes this.
    01-27-11 10:48 AM
151 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD