My device is a VZW 8330 using BIS. I'm a member of a GoogleGroups mailing list and up until today everything has worked fine.

When someone sends a message to the mailing list server, the server adds the address of the mailing list server to the Reply-To field in the message and sends it back out. When I receive the message on my 8330, I can hit R for reply and type in a reply. The message is addressed to the mailing list server (rather than the original sender who is in the From field) and that way everyone on the list can read my reply.

Today, when I replied to a message, the BB email client addressed it to the original poster instead. When I looked at the header of the incoming message that I was replying to, it did not show the Reply-To address, as if BIS stripped it when it got it from my ISP. Messages on my handheld from yesterday still have the Reply-To field present.

To rule out a change in GoogleGroups, I logged onto my laptop and downloaded the messages from my ISP via Outlook Express. The Reply-To filed is intact in those messages. Using my ISP's web based email client also shows the Reply-To field. It's only missing on messages arriving on my handheld.

So, it seems as if there may have been a change in BIS implemented in the last 24 hours that is causing it to no longer read the Reply-To field from messages on my ISP. Anyone else experiencing this?

Eric
    10-04-09 12:12 PM
    My device is a VZW 8330 using BIS. I'm a member of a GoogleGroups mailing list and up until today everything has worked fine.

When someone sends a message to the mailing list server, the server adds the address of the mailing list server to the Reply-To field in the message and sends it back out. When I receive the message on my 8330, I can hit R for reply and type in a reply. The message is addressed to the mailing list server (rather than the original sender who is in the From field) and that way everyone on the list can read my reply.

Today, when I replied to a message, the BB email client addressed it to the original poster instead. When I looked at the header of the incoming message that I was replying to, it did not show the Reply-To address, as if BIS stripped it when it got it from my ISP. Messages on my handheld from yesterday still have the Reply-To field present.

To rule out a change in GoogleGroups, I logged onto my laptop and downloaded the messages from my ISP via Outlook Express. The Reply-To filed is intact in those messages. Using my ISP's web based email client also shows the Reply-To field. It's only missing on messages arriving on my handheld.

So, it seems as if there may have been a change in BIS implemented in the last 24 hours that is causing it to no longer read the Reply-To field from messages on my ISP. Anyone else experiencing this?

Eric

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm part of a googlegroups crew who are experiencing this same thing right now!
    11-10-09 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD