I have a work email address that I access through Outlook Web Access on my PC.
    I know BB supports OWA, but so far I've been unable to integrate my account.

My employer says their OWA mailserver simply doesn't support the BB operating system. Could this be true?

I've tried different account settings, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    03-11-10 06:21 AM
    If you can access your company email from any computer using Outlook Web Access (OWA), you can configure your BB to look at that. It's not instant like being connected to a BES, but it works.

Go into Setup -> Personal Email Setup. Click Add. Select Other. Enter your email address and password for that account. Click Next. When it says invalid password, enter your password again and click the I will provide the settings link. Enter the URL for your OWA and your network username (you might have to provide the domain as well i.e. domain\username). Click Next.

I'm not sure which screens come after that... My new year resolution was that I did not need to be in constant touch with work if they weren't going to pay for my upgraded data plan, so I removed my work email from my device.
    03-11-10 03:38 PM
    If you can access your company email from any computer using Outlook Web Access (OWA), you can configure your BB to look at that. It's not instant like being connected to a BES, but it works.

Go into Setup -> Personal Email Setup. Click Add. Select Other. Enter your email address and password for that account. Click Next. When it says invalid password, enter your password again and click the I will provide the settings link. Enter the URL for your OWA and your network username (you might have to provide the domain as well i.e. domain\username). Click Next.

I'm not sure which screens come after that... My new year resolution was that I did not need to be in constant touch with work if they weren't going to pay for my upgraded data plan, so I removed my work email from my device.
    This isn't quite true. Yes, if your server supports OWA access, there is the possibility of configuring it on your BB. However, IT policies and restrictions on the server itself may restrict mobile access.

That being said, if the OP is being told that the server does not support OWA BB access, it is likely true. You can try following the steps here to see if you can configure it properly, but if the policies in place don't allow it, you're SOL.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/
    03-11-10 03:43 PM
    Thanks. Looks like you're right. Too bad.
    03-13-10 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD