This is my second blackberry curve 8530 and they both have the same problem, they won't play videos. They use to but now when I go to like you tube, or nothingtoxic.com, or even my video recordings it won't play it says an error has occurred media attempt failed. I use to restart my BB and that would help for a lil while now it doesn't work at all. How do I fix this???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 11:04 PM
    This is my second blackberry curve 8530 and they both have the same problem, they won't play videos. They use to but now when I go to like you tube, or nothingtoxic.com, or even my video recordings it won't play it says an error has occurred media attempt failed. I use to restart my BB and that would help for a lil while now it doesn't work at all. How do I fix this???

Have you tried updating the OS? Download the latest one from Verizon or SMART Comm.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Welcome to the forums!
    07-17-10 07:54 PM
    How do I do that

07-18-10 12:23 PM
    I don't have computer, so ill have to do it off an app? And how do I do it from verizon or SMART comm. And not sprint?

07-18-10 12:33 PM
    I don't have computer, so ill have to do it off an app? And how do I do it from verizon or SMART comm. And not sprint?

There's no way of doing that with your phone itself, you'll need a computer in order to update the phone with other carrier's OS.

Sprint's latest BlackBerry OS is 5.0.0.654, try updating to that OS. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update

It should take about 30 minutes to update.

Good luck!
    07-18-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD