My BB Bold is on my work's security system, so it automatically locks after 5 minutes of inactivity. If I get a bbm message while it is locked, and enter my password, it goes directly to the message that was sent, showing the sender that i already read it. (I have some friends who get quite angry if i don't respond right after reading...) I don't even have to select bbm after unlocking it, it just goes directly to it. Same goes for emails and sms (not such a big deal, but still kind of annoying) What can I do to fix this?? Thanks!
    Last edited by kejesc; 01-20-10 at 11:18 PM.
    01-20-10 10:45 PM
    im new to BB but im pretty sure there is a setting to change for that.
    01-20-10 11:51 PM
    You can turn this on or off. Go to your messages. Menu click and select...

Options>General Options, then scroll to [auto open newest message after removing device from holster]. Choose your preference from there. I included a screenshot.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-21-10 at 12:11 AM.
    01-21-10 12:07 AM
    You can turn this on or off. Go to your messages. Menu click and select...

Options>General Options, then scroll to [auto open newest message after removing device from holster]. Choose your preference from there. I included a screenshot.
    Hmm my options screen doesn't look like that (i have to go into Options>Phone Options>General Options, and then it doesn't have that "auto open newest message..." option. Maybe i'm running an older OS? I just got this bb a couple weeks ago so I don't think that is it. i used to have a Pearl and they transferred all the old settings from that onto the new Bold, and I didn't have this probelm with the pearl.
    01-21-10 11:40 AM
    Hmm my options screen doesn't look like that (i have to go into Options>Phone Options>General Options, and then it doesn't have that "auto open newest message..." option. Maybe i'm running an older OS? I just got this bb a couple weeks ago so I don't think that is it. i used to have a Pearl and they transferred all the old settings from that onto the new Bold, and I didn't have this probelm with the pearl.
    You're not paying attention. I said go to your messages then click options. Not general options. LISTEN.

Again, in your messages folder, click options, then general options.
    01-21-10 12:00 PM
    BTW, transferring all old data from an old device to a new device will cause issues as the databases for the two phones are different. You need to clear your databases and start fresh.
    01-21-10 12:02 PM
    BTW, transferring all old data from an old device to a new device will cause issues as the databases for the two phones are different. You need to clear your databases and start fresh.
    I have switched data from a Pearl to a Storm then from that to my Bold and didn't have issues. Some settings do not convert over but the databases that matter get transferred without issue.
    01-21-10 12:04 PM
    I have switched data from a Pearl to a Storm then from that to my Bold and didn't have issues. Some settings do not convert over but the databases that matter get transferred without issue.
    This coming from someone who didn't even know what a lock icon meant and +1'd someone else's wrong answer? Whatever. Databases between two different models DOES create problems. It's already well known around here. Guess you didn't get that memo.
    01-21-10 12:11 PM
    This coming from someone who didn't even know what a lock icon meant and +1'd someone else's wrong answer? Whatever. Databases between two different models DOES create problems. It's already well known around here. Guess you didn't get that memo.
    In my own experience I haven't ran into anything that I would consider an issue when switching devices.

Love the hostility, btw! I hope you felt better about yourself afterwards. I truely do.
    01-21-10 12:14 PM
    In my own experience I haven't ran into anything that I would consider an issue when switching devices.

Love the hostility, btw! I hope you felt better about yourself afterwards. I truely do.
    You thought that was hostile? LMAO! OK. Move along now. Back on topic. To the OP, do as I suggested and you should be fine.
    01-21-10 12:16 PM
    You're not paying attention. I said go to your messages then click options. Not general options. LISTEN.

Again, in your messages folder, click options, then general options.
    Thanks for your help
    01-21-10 12:17 PM
    You thought that was hostile? LMAO! OK. Move along now. Back on topic. To the OP, do as I suggested and you should be fine.
    Just because you said that, I'm going to continue to post about your clear hostility towards me. Where does it come from? Why would you have any issue with me if you don't even know me? Interesting I say. Very interesting.
    01-21-10 12:18 PM
    Thanks for your help
    Did you find it? Did it help? YW.
    01-21-10 12:18 PM
    Did you find it? Did it help? YW.
    Yep I found it. Thanks a lot. I just didn't see where you had put go into the messages first, I thought it was directly into options. Sorry about that. Anyways. Thanks again.
    01-21-10 12:23 PM
    Just because you said that, I'm going to continue to post about your clear hostility towards me. Where does it come from? Why would you have any issue with me if you don't even know me? Interesting I say. Very interesting.
    It's not just to you... he's an arrogant $hit to everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 12:24 PM
    It's not just to you... he's an arrogant $hit to everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL good to know everyone has enjoyed such an experience. I don't really care what he has to say anyway. It's just fun to go at him with civility. lol
    01-21-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD