06-16-11 08:38 PM
109 ... 345
tools
    I'm getting tired of hearing the "Summer goes through September 22nd" comments. It's just very disingenuous. Yes, I think we are all well aware that summer technically goes until that date. But let's be honest...for most people in North America, summer is considered to be June through August. By September 1st, children are back in school and NFL is underway. That is the fall season, even if technically the calendar says it's still "summer." There is no real argument here.
    What is considered and what actually is are 2 different things. I do agree that summer is considered June through Aug but a device can be released in Sept and still be called a summer release because technically that is right. I do agree with you though. Like right now it's near 100 degrees in Delaware and technically it's not summer. School is still in, just turned June but the temp sure feels like summer. So if RIM wanted to let themselves off the hook with a technicality then they could because they'd be right. Anyhow, I don't really care because until QNX drops I'm not interested.
    06-09-11 11:43 AM
    I'm getting tired of hearing the "Summer goes through September 22nd" comments. It's just very disingenuous. Yes, I think we are all well aware that summer technically goes until that date. But let's be honest...for most people in North America, summer is considered to be June through August. By September 1st, children are back in school and NFL is underway. That is the fall season, even if technically the calendar says it's still "summer." There is no real argument here.
    We can only hope this year..........
    howarmat likes this.
    06-09-11 11:44 AM
    I'm not rushing to upgrade my blackberry physically anytime soon. If WINDMobile gets it, i'll have it once i'm off Robelus. If wind still has the 9780, i'll get that. I'm not the "I GOTTA GET THIS NAO!" type of person, I can stick it out. Let's see...

11 year old desktop that works fine... Check.
    6 year old netbook... Check.
    6 year old laptop without a webcam, without wifi, bluetooth and hard disk (boots USB)... Check.
    First edition HTC Touch Diamond 4GB that dualboots Android 2.2 and Windows (Phone) Mobile 6.1 and works fine... Check.
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130, still works (kept in box as rescue device)... Check.
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (current device) with OS 6.0.0.600 (using this baby until it DIES, eg. ceases to even power on)... Check.
    Various PDA's running WinCE 2.x... Check.

I'd say i'm good to go. As long as everything works, i'm satisfied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 06:00 PM
    I'm not rushing to upgrade my blackberry physically anytime soon. If WINDMobile gets it, i'll have it once i'm off Robelus. If wind still has the 9780, i'll get that. I'm not the "I GOTTA GET THIS NAO!" type of person, I can stick it out. Let's see...

11 year old desktop that works fine... Check.
    6 year old netbook... Check.
    6 year old laptop without a webcam, without wifi, bluetooth and hard disk (boots USB)... Check.
    First edition HTC Touch Diamond 4GB that dualboots Android 2.2 and Windows (Phone) Mobile 6.1 and works fine... Check.
    BlackBerry Pearl 8130, still works (kept in box as rescue device)... Check.
    BlackBerry Bold 9700 (current device) with OS 6.0.0.600 (using this baby until it DIES, eg. ceases to even power on)... Check.
    Various PDA's running WinCE 2.x... Check.

I'd say i'm good to go. As long as everything works, i'm satisfied.

I don't believe the 11 year old desktop part- I think the desktop is dead

06-11-11 11:46 AM
    On a recent twitter post the CEO of AirAsia left the Rim HQ with a 9900 and a PB. If they're releaseing phones to CEOs then that will mean that the phones should be ready for the consumers anywhere between 1-2 months.

The Canadian Finance Minister has a PB to read his budget release back in February/March almost a full 8 weeks before the official release to consumers.

So I think we are tracking a mid August release, just in time to kick start back to school promos.
    06-11-11 01:32 PM
    I don't believe the 11 year old desktop part- I think the desktop is dead

It's on standby right now

06-11-11 03:48 PM
    Just saw an app over at App World (Mortgage Calculator) that is 9900 and 9930 supported.
    06-16-11 03:47 PM
    I would love for RIM to throw us all a curve ball and release it before September but that's just me being optimistic. Maybe the reason it's taking so long is because it's one of their biggest releases to date and they want it to have minimal bugs.
    06-16-11 05:44 PM
    I would love for RIM to throw us all a curve ball and release it before September but that's just me being optimistic. Maybe the reason it's taking so long is because it's one of their biggest releases to date and they want it to have minimal bugs.
    I don't buy this reason. It is not the biggest release to date. In fact, it should have been called OS 6.1, as it was supposed to be until they realized QNX on phones was likely a year away and they renamed 6.1 to 7 for marketing purposes.
    06-16-11 08:38 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD