06-16-11 08:38 PM
109 1234 ...
tools
    Engadgat is just quoting BGR. Their not quoting it as fact.
    06-03-11 12:24 PM
    Someone wrote it on the internet so it MUST be true right??? WRONG!!!! We don't know when the 99XX is coming, other than what RIM has said which is sometime this summer. BGR has an agenda, and that is getting views, and this blog I'm sure will do that quite nicely. Is it true? Who knows????
    99xx were announced, why doesn't RIM announce a precise availability schedule? don't the Blackberry loyal customers deserve a clear, precise availability schedule?if things are really delayed, make it transparent. Let the BB users know what the operators know, at least.

If what was spread by BGR is/was false, come out and deny it. Your customers and share holders deserve a transparent release schedule.
    06-03-11 12:25 PM
    BGR also reported last year that the Torch was coming in out in June of 2010. Here is hoping they are wrong about the September date.
    06-03-11 01:07 PM
    Whether it's wrong or not, the fact of the matter is this: RIM has had no communication with the public on what is going on. No one is asking for secret details. We know the phone is coming out. They announced it. Now it's time for details. Someone mentioned shareholders and customers. Shareholders in particular need a clear message as to what is going on with the state of their company. How they have managed to not catch **** from their shareholders thus far is amazing to me.
    06-03-11 01:13 PM
    My personal feeling is that June is/was the target and that it HAS been pushed back, BUT not by as much as BGR is reporting. I can see a Christmas in July release. "Beat the heat with these HOT new BBs from BlackBerry!" (I can see the marketing in my head)
    06-03-11 01:15 PM
    Notice some familiar names jumping on this bandwagon just like RIM announced it themselves today...

Then rationalizations follow as to "even if it's a random rumor, it's still a valid point because X"...

Shock - check
    Denial - check
    Anger - yeah, check...
    Physical Distress - probably happened, can't see it through the screen though...
    Guilt - I guess this one is coming next...
    AbuYazeedUK and JoJoCal19 like this.
    06-03-11 01:16 PM
    Notice some familiar names jumping on this bandwagon just like RIM announced it themselves today...

Then rationalizations follow as to "even if it's a random rumor, it's still a valid point because X"...

Shock - check
    Denial - check
    Anger - yeah, check...
    Physical Distress - probably happened, can't see it through the screen though...
    Guilt - I guess this one is coming next...
    I think what I said about it being a valid statement is... valid. They have a perception problem with the public and their shareholders. This is nothing new and has been addressed multiple times on this forum.

If you believe they don't have a perception problem and a lack of communication with their public (shareholders and consumers) then I don't know what to tell you. Their marketing and PR blows.

Lastly, I am not a bandwagon type of person. So- don't lump me in with that crowd. Being frustrated with a company that you support or own stock in is not a crime, is not unusual and should not be looked down upon.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    06-03-11 01:24 PM
    My personal feeling is that June is/was the target and that it HAS been pushed back, BUT not by as much as BGR is reporting. I can see a Christmas in July release. "Beat the heat with these HOT new BBs from BlackBerry!" (I can see the marketing in my head)
    We ALL hope your feelings are right and was shared by other, like the one who were selling them on eBay expecting them within 30 days.

Guess we will never know but i know there are FEW to zero pre-release units in the wild and they usually come way before the real release, so I got to think that it will be later and not sooner.
    06-03-11 01:30 PM
    sick, sad.
    06-03-11 01:31 PM
    I don't question that they have a perception problem with the public. That said, I think people who perceive very good performance as "complete doom" are morons. This was true for the past couple years...

The public doesn't know what they are talking about and are jumping on this article because BGR must know all and essentially takes random rumors as fact (something that BGR promotes even if they get responses to the contrary and have no actual facts to back up their original statements).

And part of owning stock is knowing when to bail, or knowing that a turnaround is coming eventually, not necessarily just hoping for a turnaround (holding RIM long term sucks for the last couple years, period. These recent events have not changed that).
    06-03-11 01:35 PM
    Someone should let T-Mobile and Sprint in on this so they dont make BGR look bad. Err, too late for that I guess...
    06-03-11 01:38 PM
    Did anyone see the cover of CB? Look at the Sprint screen. Boys and girls - the roast is burnt.
    06-03-11 01:44 PM
    I don't question that they have a perception problem with the public. That said, I think people who perceive very good performance as "complete doom" are morons. This was true for the past couple years...

The public doesn't know what they are talking about and are jumping on this article because BGR must know all and essentially takes random rumors as fact (something that BGR promotes even if they get responses to the contrary and have no actual facts to back up their original statements).

And part of owning stock is knowing when to bail, or knowing that a turnaround is coming eventually, not necessarily just hoping for a turnaround (holding RIM long term sucks for the last couple years, period. These recent events have not changed that).
    I think people who perceive very good performance are morons as well. I have never questioned their performance or their actual success.

I agree that the public is jumping to conclusions and that BGR does post articles that they can't back up with facts.

I understand that part of owning stock is knowing when to bail, HOWEVER, when a company is public stockholders have the right and privilege to certain information. This information lets them make the decision on whether to jump ship or not. Withholding information is illegal. Now to say that they are withholding information is a huge assumption, however, they have announced a phone and since then have been completely quiet. There have been stockholders who have come forward and publicly asked for information. RIM is being sued. Yet, they still have not come forward with the information that can help them publicly. Public opinion and perception are what matters, not the fact that they are growing and expanding, not the fact that their software and hardware on on par and not the fact that QNX is going to be a great platform and long term strategy. Facts don't matter. Public opinion does.

RIM can clear up their perception problem. They have the power to fix their public image and yet they do not do so. They have the power to instill trust to their stockholders and to clear up the misconception that they are doomed and behind the times, yet, they don't.

So having said all of that- The fact of the matter is this: RIM has had no communication with the public on what is going on. No one is asking for secret details. We know the phone is coming out. They announced it. Now it's time for details. Someone mentioned shareholders and customers. Shareholders in particular need a clear message as to what is going on with the state of their company. How they have managed to not catch **** from their shareholders thus far is amazing to me.
    06-03-11 01:49 PM
    I think people who perceive very good performance are morons as well. I have never questioned their performance or their actual success.

I agree that the public is jumping to conclusions and that BGR does post articles that they can't back up with facts.

I understand that part of owning stock is knowing when to bail, HOWEVER, when a company is public stockholders have the right and privilege to certain information. This information lets them make the decision on whether to jump ship or not. Withholding information is illegal. Now to say that they are withholding information is a huge assumption, however, they have announced a phone and since then have been completely quiet. There have been stockholders who have come forward and publicly asked for information. RIM is being sued. Yet, they still have not come forward with the information that can help them publicly. Public opinion and perception are what matters, not the fact that they are growing and expanding, not the fact that their software and hardware on on par and not the fact that QNX is going to be a great platform and long term strategy. Facts don't matter. Public opinion does.

RIM can clear up their perception problem. They have the power to fix their public image and yet they do not do so. They have the power to instill trust to their stockholders and to clear up the misconception that they are doomed and behind the times, yet, they don't.

So having said all of that- The fact of the matter is this: RIM has had no communication with the public on what is going on. No one is asking for secret details. We know the phone is coming out. They announced it. Now it's time for details. Someone mentioned shareholders and customers. Shareholders in particular need a clear message as to what is going on with the state of their company. How they have managed to not catch **** from their shareholders thus far is amazing to me.
    they have the same blinders like many people on here do
    rollingrock1988 and Rooster99 like this.
    06-03-11 01:52 PM
    Nah they can't. RIM was never good at PR or marketing and they still aren't. The best marketing they have ever had was due to AT&T and the torch.

They can make good products and good services but they ABSOLUTELY SUCK at promoting them in any way shape or form. So unless you are somewhat willing to invest yourself you will have no clue (most people are not going to research for purchases).

They need to axe their entire marketing department and just hire a new team entirely.
    06-03-11 01:53 PM
    Nah they can't. RIM was never good at PR or marketing and they still aren't. The best marketing they have ever had was due to AT&T and the torch.

They can make good products and good services but they ABSOLUTELY SUCK at promoting them in any way shape or form. So unless you are somewhat willing to invest yourself you will have no clue (most people are not going to research for purchases).

They need to axe their entire marketing department and just hire a new team entirely.
    I agree. But, they don't. So the decision is entirely on them and the public perception that they have helped to create and continue to make worse is something that they are choosing to do.
    06-03-11 02:03 PM
    Bgr wrong again! Check the blog!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 02:25 PM
    New, charismatic, and competent management is needed at RIM. Mike and Jim may have built the company, but they have also done very little, if anything in the wake of Apple/Android redefining the smart phone market. They missed the projected availability for the Playbook, and even if the 99XX is available in late August, RIM still has a drought on the phone side of the house amd these phones should have been out sooner. Time to bring in a ring master and put the clowns back in the clown car!
    06-03-11 02:29 PM
    Bgr wrong again! Check the blog!

I was just going to say we just got some ACTUAL leaked info that shows a Sprint projected release date of 8/21. And that's ONLY Sprint, there are other carriers. HOWEVER, this is leaked info, NOT a confirmed, reported, carrier announced release date. Projected release dates CAN and do change, we don't know how timely the leak is, AND a LOT can happen between now and then! BUT this is a bit more solid, then BGR's "I heard from a few sources"

BlackBerry Bold 9930, BlackBerry Torch 9850 (monaco) both headed to Sprint! | CrackBerry.com
    06-03-11 02:30 PM
    They can't advise a date they don't know. And that's the scary part - they don't even know themselves. If they did I'm sure they'd be using it to build anticipation.

I would really really really like RIM to deliver on their promise (note - not promises, but promise aka "what they could be"). They make it soooooooo hard to stay with them!

- R.
    06-03-11 02:32 PM
    Why is everyone questioning BGR's source? Do we not remember that BGR also said RIM will announce only one device during the BlackBerry World? We all said the same thing, "that's wrong," "BGR is just trying to get pageveiws," look what happened...? I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true.
    06-03-11 02:34 PM
    Why is everyone questioning BGR's source? Do we not remember that BGR also said RIM will announce only one device during the BlackBerry World? We all said the same thing, "that's wrong," "BGR is just trying to get pageveiws," look what happened...? I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true.
    Tell the truth are you the source, are you "deep throat"?
    06-03-11 02:37 PM
    BGR has been hit or miss with stuff.
    06-03-11 02:40 PM
    Bgr says september this says august eat it bgr!

06-03-11 02:40 PM
    Whatever. I still want this phone.
    06-03-11 02:42 PM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD