Hi,

I'm currently with Telus Mobility and I have a Bold 9780 running OS ver 6.0.0.666. Everytime I try to access my email accounts or settings through the set up app on the device itself I get the following message "the information you provided is incorrect. Retype your user name and password. Your user name and password are case sensitive."

I am using the correct BIS username and password. I know this because when I access my email settings on www.telus.blackberry.com it works. I can access my email settings on the web just not on the device.

I checked the BlackBerry Support Knowledge Base and I've deleted the email set up app and reinstalled it by going to http://telus.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient and the problem still persists. I'm not very comfortable with wiping my device and I would prefer not to. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or can anyone offer me some help. Please keep in mind I am not very tech savvy I thought flash was that thingy on the camera that lights up when you take a pic and java referred to coffee

Thanks for any help in advance.
    01-15-12 11:55 AM
    Problem fixed. I called Telus, turns out I just needed to update my BIS password. They updated and changed my password and now I'm able to access my settings on my device again.
    01-15-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD