Every time I take my black berry out of the holster, it automatically opens up my BBM, Email, or SMS messages. Is there any way to turn this off. I just need it to go to my home screen. It's annoying pulling my curve out of the holster and opening up my BBM, saying i've read a message when i haven't or opening an email I didn't need to.

I've looked at every setting to turn this auto open off, nothing... please help!
    03-19-10 11:15 AM
    Every time I take my black berry out of the holster, it automatically opens up my BBM, Email, or SMS messages. Is there any way to turn this off. I just need it to go to my home screen. It's annoying pulling my curve out of the holster and opening up my BBM, saying i've read a message when i haven't or opening an email I didn't need to.

I've looked at every setting to turn this auto open off, nothing... please help!
    Are you hitting one of the keys on the side of the phone when you are removing it from the holster? Or is something pressing on the trackpad initiating a keypress on whatever app is currently selected? Those are the only two things I can think of that would mimic this issue.
    03-19-10 08:12 PM
    Mine goes to the newest sms or notification, sometimes. not every time I pull it out of the case, just sometimes... It annoys me, I wish it just would or wouldn't (wouldn't would be my preference) because when it does, and I see the sms for instance, and then back out of it to the home screen it shows that I have a sms still. I look at it again and it's the same one I just saw. But that's the only way it will clear it.
    03-20-10 04:22 PM
    Are you hitting one of the keys on the side of the phone when you are removing it from the holster? Or is something pressing on the trackpad initiating a keypress on whatever app is currently selected? Those are the only two things I can think of that would mimic this issue.
    Not hitting anything, this happens everytime. Quite annoying, to the point I dont want to use my holster anymore
    03-21-10 03:28 PM
    What kind of holster is it?
    03-21-10 05:44 PM
    When I pull mine out it goes to whatever screen it was on before...
    03-21-10 06:26 PM
    Open Messages, push blackberry button. Down near the bottom of the list, select "options"

Choose General options,

Down near the bottom of the page, "auto open newest message after removing device from holster" you have a few choices. Yours is probably set to "Always"
    03-21-10 08:37 PM
    Thank you much! I can't believe I missed that. All is well again.
    03-22-10 12:31 PM
    Open Messages, push blackberry button. Down near the bottom of the list, select "options"

Choose General options,

Down near the bottom of the page, "auto open newest message after removing device from holster" you have a few choices. Yours is probably set to "Always"
    Hmmmm, I wonder, is that a 5.0 setting? I looked on my 8520 and don't have that option or it is somewhere else possibly.
    03-22-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD