So this is how Blackberry intends to push OS7 uses over to BB10?!? I just loaded the app update for the BOA online banking to my 9810, and the notice pops up that says the app will no longer function after May 29 (I think) this year. So they are no longer supporting the OS7 app (and lower OS) and there is no BB10 app yet?

I posted something earlier in this forum about the Fly Delta app doing the same thing, it is no longer available in Blackberry World. We should all just quit and get the iphone or the android device. It doesn't make sense anymore to keep taking hit after hit.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    04-25-14 09:35 AM
    Complain to BOA...not Blackberry...Or change to a better bank!
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    04-25-14 09:53 AM
    So this is how Blackberry intends to push OS7 uses over to BB10?!? I just loaded the app update for the BOA online banking to my 9810, and the notice pops up that says the app will no longer function after May 29 (I think) this year. So they are no longer supporting the OS7 app (and lower OS) and there is no BB10 app yet?

I posted something earlier in this forum about the Fly Delta app doing the same thing, it is no longer available in Blackberry World. We should all just quit and get the iphone or the android device. It doesn't make sense anymore to keep taking hit after hit.
    BlackBerry or the developer making these decisions?

I bet the day you bought your 9810 you KNEW this day was coming! Why act surprised now?
    04-25-14 09:55 AM
    I just saw another thread where a member got a mail saying their discontinuing and pulling their support for all BlackBerry devices, except the ones running BlackBerry 10. An app should be coming end of the month

Edit: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=926642

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:50 AM
    Complain to BOA...not Blackberry...Or change to a better bank!
    Complaints have been set to both BOA and Blackberry. And no, closing longstanding accts with BOA is not a serious consideration - but thanks for your input. We waited for yrs to get an actual BOA app for BBOS instead of the weblink, and we finally got one. And now it is being shut down. The shutdown of apps and services is a failure of both BB and BOA, in my opinion. We have seen the latest quarterly report, and OS7 is still in demand, more so when compared to BB10. I am definitely on board with ultimately transitioning to BB10, but not if the similar BB10 apps are unavailable. And services keep shutting down or are no longer being supported - BB News, Live Msgr, Fly Delta, now BOA, and on and on.
    04-25-14 10:55 AM
    Excellent news for BB10 users on the upcoming BOA app. This may be part of the phase out of OS7, who knows. But I will be glad to see BOA coming to the Z10 & Z30, which will likely be the phone of choice depending on unlocked price.
    04-25-14 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry or the developer making these decisions?

I bet the day you bought your 9810 you KNEW this day was coming! Why act surprised now?
    I'm not surprised, considering how long it took for OS7 to get any traction once it came out. About the same traction that BB10 has received since it came on the scene. I'm just disappointed in BB and BOA. The news of the BOA BB10 app takes the sting out, and hopefully it is functional without being a total android port.
    04-25-14 11:07 AM
    It certainly does not make a lot of sense. HOWEVER what may be happening, is that they learned that BB10 people were using the Android app, and they decided ok we'll port that officially, and we will stop supporting the BB7 app, and this way cut WAY down on what we have to support. Since they already have a working and supported Android app that just takes small (or possibly no) tweaks to be a working BB10 app, so not much more effort to support it on BB10.

It's unfortunate.
    04-25-14 11:47 AM