my pal upgraded his os on his 9700... did a back up and lost all his bbm contacts

i have a 8900 with .250 and am looking to upgrade to .348 since i cant wait for an official release...

when u back up your device with dm... should that save your contacts? or do you have to do it differently?
    11-29-09 10:52 PM
    yes, it should. if you are using the new BBM 5.0, it should back them up using your devices email address and/or manual/auto backup to the device memory. its a new recovery feature that you set up when you start the new BBM 5 application. i suggest he uses that and registers his email with BBM, that way the list will be backed up at all times.
    11-29-09 11:03 PM
    I have my BBM contact list backed up to SD card (through BBM). Each upgrade I've done to my BB, I've been able to access the backup file and restore the contacts - works well so far.
    11-30-09 06:51 AM
    I use ZBook, it can really help in cases like these! Where you lost everything and need all the information back asap! I had a friend that fell into the lake grabbing a fish and the card and the blackberry were toast! So this worked out great for him

BlackBerry App World - Backup Contacts Wirelessly - ZBook
    11-30-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD