I used this with absolutely zero problems when I was running 4.6. I recently upgraded to 5.0 (681), and now none of the streams I used to use work. I get an error message, saying that it could not be open.

Any suggestions as to A) how to fix it or B) a free app that will stream custom URLs?

My phone has been reset several times since I first noticed this problem, and it is still an issue, so a battery pull/reset is not solving this at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    06-02-10 09:06 AM
    Did some more searching of this - it's a problem most common with youtube videos. I haven't seen a single solution that works.

Sounds like if it works - great! Yippee! Otherwise if it doesn't, you're screwed and there's nothing you can do.

Still hope someone else has an answer...
    06-02-10 01:06 PM
    BUMP

Anyone able to lend a hand trying to solve this? I tried configuring via m.youtube.com as one solution suggested, but no dice.

This might be issue enough to make me downgrade to 4.6
    06-07-10 01:39 PM
    Try the free YouTube player in the CrackBerry App Store.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-07-10 02:19 PM
    Does it play audio streams as well? I don't generally use YouTube, but I like to stream a couple of radio stations.
    06-07-10 02:20 PM
    Update to this:

I just tried one of my other streams, and got it to work. It seems that a direct link to the audio stream works, but opening a stream via link from a website results in an error.

So this means that I can listen to the radio stations I did before, but looks like I'm out of luck for Jamendo without going through some annoying steps to get it to work. Still, I was more concerned about getting the radio stations to work, so I'll take this as a victory.

Clarification: I'm referring to BB Media Player, not the Youtube Player from the app store.
    Last edited by srgvjam; 06-08-10 at 09:41 AM. Reason: clarification
    06-08-10 09:40 AM
    I have had mixed results with streaming on my bold as well. Youtube almost never streams flawlessly and audio streaming works perfectly sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I stream audio specifically through yourmuze and the inconsistency is frustrating. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's yourmuze or the browser/media player. I'm just hoping that blackberry can address this with the new OS and browser...otherwise I'll be defecting. It is a showstopper for me unfortunately because I like to stream music at work and I can't do so through my desktop.
    06-08-10 09:45 AM
    Oh yeah, audio streaming is going to be the make-or-break feature on the next phone I get. I'm sticking with the Bold as long as I can, basically until it breaks after my warranty is up :P But I'm hoping it's longer than that.

My hope is that the next time I go for a phone upgrade, there will be a new BB device out that handles audio streaming a lot better than it does now. It never used to be a consideration for me until I found out that A) it doesn't use THAT much data for the amount of times I use it and B) when it works, it works GREAT.
    06-08-10 09:49 AM
    My expectation is that OS6 will probably address this a bit. With a real Youtube player and the addition of flash support there will be a huge increase in what i will be able to do with streaming. So that would kinda of point to what you were saying next line of phones, or the Bold 9650. I am personally holding out for the 9800 at the moment. Athough I have to admit the latest from HTC (HD2, and Evo) is starting to look real tempting.
    06-08-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD