Hi. I have a Bold 9700. I upgraded my App World to 3.1.1.21 and now the icon for BBM has disappeared. I can redownload BBM but it tells me:

"Your internet email accounts, as well as some apps and services will be automatically transferred (transferred to what???). In some cases, email won't be sent to your previous smartphone anymore."

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Will gmail, yahoo, msn, hotmail still work? I still want to receive email the way I have my phone set up now. I am keeping my phone, no new phone in the cards at the moment.

Also, when I launch App World and go to download BBM it tells me "BBM features built right into my apps". I don't want or like this. I don't download a lot of apps on my BB. I just want to redownload BBM and not have it mess up my phone.

How do I get BBM back? Does anyone know what will happen if I do download it?

Thanks so much for your help.

Malar
    03-26-12 10:57 PM
    Re download and install bbm. It wont kill your emails.
    03-26-12 11:40 PM
    The updated version of BBM integrates with some apps, only if you allow it, to share with bbm contacts your activity. Read about it on app world.

Chat with BBM friends within your apps
    Select BBM contacts right from the app. Invite them to join in on the fun or download it
    Share app activities and achievements on your BBM profile
    BlackBerry - Messenger - BBM an Instant Messaging App
    03-27-12 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD