Hey Guys.. I'm having problems downloading anything in app world. O get the error message, "there is an issue with app world. BlackBerry App World must close."

I've deleted and reinstalled.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 12:41 PM
    just updated my OS - I cant log in with my details at all
    08-21-10 05:19 PM
    im having the same problem. just installed the new blackberry app world and i got a msg "there is an issue with blackberry app world. blackberry app world must now close." when i connect via data network. works fine when I connect via wifi.
    08-21-10 11:07 PM
    It's doing it on wifi fo rme... haven't tried data as service here sucks at my house. (live in the sticks)
    08-22-10 12:36 AM
    My problem is I can not login to BB APP World 2.0 on the Bold 9700. I get this very long list of terms, and then I can not scroll to the "I accept" portion and when I am lucky to get there, I get reverted back to the beginning. Annoying to say the least. Also, have an icon on the top of my Bold, relating to the BB App world 2.0, that has the number three next to a small circle with a down arrow in it, and a red star indicating something needs to be addresses but I can not figure that out either.. Thoughts?
    08-22-10 09:10 AM
    i have the same problem as mcdanielnc89 and sgberryfine

is there a solution for it??
    08-24-10 10:28 AM
    I deleted the app. Installed it again, and the same problem occurred. App is gone from my BB 9700. Awaiting a fix if one is developed. Otherwise it will remain off my BB.
    08-24-10 11:13 AM
    I have the same problem in app world. I recently got a Bell 9700 unlock for my girlfriend (she is with Telus) everything but app world seem to work fine. In app world it wont let me download any third party app. It would only let me download app ad on that is made by RIM it self. When downloading third party app, it would start downloading, when it get to around 60 - 70 kb the error msg appear. Saying that "there was a error during installation" after you press ok, the second msg display saying that "cant connect to app world. Then app world close on me.

Sorry for the long post, but any help is appreciated. Thanks you.
    08-25-10 07:40 AM
    On my Bold 900 I had no problem getting into app world and downloading and installing apps.

On my 9800, I can't download anything. It asked me to login using my e-mail address and a password. I didn't know if it wanted my normal e-mail password or what.

Eventually I managed to setup a PW with the e-mail account it wanted me to use, but everytime I try to download an app, it takes me to the "BLACKBERRY APP WORLD MEMBERSHIP ADDENDUM" and scroll through some lengthy legaleaze garbage and I click "I Accept" and then it takes me to the account screen and I can't go anywhere or do anything from there!

I was fine with the old App World because it worked! This may be a case of "it it ain't broke don't try to fix it."

Anyhow, on my 9800 I obviously can't go back to the old App World so how do I make it work? What gives?
    08-25-10 05:28 PM
    On my Bold 900 I had no problem getting into app world and downloading and installing apps.

On my 9800, I can't download anything. It asked me to login using my e-mail address and a password. I didn't know if it wanted my normal e-mail password or what.

Eventually I managed to setup a PW with the e-mail account it wanted me to use, but everytime I try to download an app, it takes me to the "BLACKBERRY APP WORLD MEMBERSHIP ADDENDUM" and scroll through some lengthy legaleaze garbage and I click "I Accept" and then it takes me to the account screen and I can't go anywhere or do anything from there!

I was fine with the old App World because it worked! This may be a case of "it it ain't broke don't try to fix it."

Anyhow, on my 9800 I obviously can't go back to the old App World so how do I make it work? What gives?

how would you downgrade app world on the bold 9000. i got a 8900 and have the same problem but downgrading should be the same. that is if we can downgrade
    08-28-10 12:23 AM
    now i have still no answer on my question. some guys are say they have the same problem but it is different than my. does some have the answer for my question
    08-30-10 11:57 AM
    the solution is supposedly here Article KB24457. But when I uncheck the APN settings checkbox, it keeps getting checked again and again even though I uncheck it, save the change and then close the options. when i go back, its still there! so back to square one for me!
    11-02-10 09:48 AM
    Jsaradhi I'm having that same problem. I've tried the APN setting and it rechecks itself. I've been trying to get someone from RIM to tell me something. They refer me back to KB24457. I can't get a soul there to talk to me on the phone other than to say we are working on it. I have removed BB Appworld off of my Tour. I love my phone but I'm waiting for the 9650 to hit Cellular South. I hope soon. I'll keep my Tour as a backup.
    11-05-10 11:12 AM
    thanks jsaradhi that article solve's my problem
    11-21-10 04:19 PM
    Yeah it wont uncheck, I have about had it with blackberry that's for sure.
    12-15-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD