im trying to use BlackBerry App World - Home to get apps onto my BB.

i have all the correct drivers installed, i can sync fine using Desktop Software and when it gets to the sync items screen, it can see what model of BB i have and the memory status.

but when i click begin sync, the status bar appears but doesn't fill and i get a timer icon on my BB, but then it bombs out with the error message "Sync Issue -
    There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again"

anyone else getting this and managed to fix it?
    11-08-10 05:52 AM
    so no one else is getting this?
    11-10-10 09:03 AM
    I'm having the same issue...

i try to sync the apps to my BB via App World on PC and all i get is this:
    There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again

Any ideas how to fix this??

PS, i downloaded the plugin for both IE and Firefox and still no luck...

Cheers!!!
    01-06-11 08:20 AM
    I'm guessing that you purchased a used Blackberry from someone. If so, read on.

The problem is that there is a policy on the blackberry, that prevents you from downloading third party apps. The symptom is that you can download BB App world, or any of the games onto your BB, but not a third party app. You can't download OTA, Desktop messanger, Loader or directly either, so it isn't just App World having a problem. Error message 910 Application Authorization Failure, may also be seen occasionally.

You need to remove the IT policy that is causing this. A complete wipe and rebuild of the software won't even do it.

The solution for this is found at this Crackberry thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...y-file-217892/

This took me an entire week to figure out. Hope it spares someone else the same agony :-)
    02-20-11 10:04 AM
    I'm having the same issue today and I removed the IT policy successfully with CrackUtil 2 days ago. I'm not sure why it's not syncing when I can connect to Desktop Manager succesfully on the same PC. It recognizes that the device is connected and says that download has begun, but it times out with the same error message as the previous poster noted. Do I need to upgrade to the latest OS? I have version 5.0.0.732 and desktop manager is asking me to update to 5.0.0.975. Could this be the problem, that I'm not fully updated? Does the version of the App World on my phone have to be updated as well?

Thanks!
    04-13-11 03:37 PM
    I have this problem as well, did any of you fix it?

I have a Bold 9900, software is up to date, when I first bought it, 2 days ago, I was able to download apps via PC...now I am not able to...I get that error message that the first user posted, and I have no It policy...like I said at first I was able to download things like Whatsapp....

any help?

I get NO timer Icon however, and no bar appears, it just gives me that message....as for the "Space" it always seems to change sometimes it says I have 168 MB sometimes 141 MB...

is it my phone, please tell me quickly because I have to return it then (I bought it brand new two days ago)
    Last edited by mmauification; 12-01-11 at 08:00 AM.
    12-01-11 07:56 AM
    Hi Guys,

I too faced the same problem and I thought it was my pc, so i used another laptop and it still hit the same problem. What I did was as below.

1) Unplug connection from Laptop / pc to BB phones
    2) Restart laptop AND BB phone
    3) Take out the battery for about 15 seconds and put it back again.
    4) Upon start up, plug back cable to bb phone and to laptop / pc
    5) Go to appworld and sync the software you would like to have

It did work for me. If it works for you kindly tell us that it work.

Thanks guys
    12-10-11 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD