When I check my world in Appworld, programs that are still installed on my 9930 are listed as deleted. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it. I have done the Alt-RST thing several times.

Sorry posted to wrong group will repost to Native apps
    08-29-11 01:23 PM
    I have no idea how to fix this, but it has happened to me too. I kind of know what I did to end up like this:
    • Decided to upgrade OS
    • Decided to follow a backup, wipe, upgrade, restore procedure I read about
    • backed up apps using BBSak
    • backed up settings using BB Desktop
    • wiped using BBSak
    • used apploader to upgrade to 6.0.0.600
    • restored apps (think I used BB Desktop cause BBSak didn't have this option)
    • restored settings using BB Desktop

After all that, things were good, but for some reason I couldn't find BB App World, so I went and installed it separately. After that it listed all my apps as uninstalled, even though they worked fine. Only way I can have them show up as installed is to re-install them, which I have done for a few.
    08-30-11 06:22 AM
    There is a thread that deals with this.
    Hopefully if you search you'll be able to find it.
    Good Luck
    08-30-11 09:12 PM
    ALT+R,S,T - Login again and it'll reload..
    08-30-11 09:22 PM
    I did do a search before I did this post and the Alt R-S-T thing several times.
    08-30-11 09:36 PM
    Alt R-S-T didn't do anything for me either.
    08-31-11 08:05 PM
    It's a bug in App World that I hope they have fixed in the new version.

It happens in the following situation:

You load a program through App World. Then, after it's installed, an update becomes available. But, it wasn't through App World, instead it was either offered through the program itself (many apps have built-in "look for update" type options), or you got an OTA link through your browser. Once that update is installed, App World seems to lose its tie-in to the program and it gets dumped to your "uninstalled" listing. Even though it's still there and running fine.

And, yeah, the ALT- R S T thing doesn't do anything in this situation.

The only way to fix it is to uninstall the app and go back and install it from App World. And that's only if App World actually has the newer version by then.

Sometimes, it takes a while for App World to get and send app updates, so it's easier to just let the program get the update on its own.

Either that, or ignore any update notices from the program and just wait for the update to appear in App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 09-01-11 at 04:22 PM.
    09-01-11 04:04 PM
    If you update to a version newer than the version available on App World, it will mark the app as uninstalled.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-01-11 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD