02-28-12 01:34 AM
84 1234
tools
    Aug 2011 30 BBM contacts
    Dec 2001 12 BBM contacts
    Today 18
    some have came back others stayed away for good.
    02-24-12 08:14 AM
    I have 180 BBM contacts, all of them either from groups or from here. I don't know any of them irl.
    02-24-12 10:49 AM
    It seems like a lot of people add total strangers to their BBM contacts for the sake of having more contacts. Do you actually ever talk to those people, and what do you talk about? Lol. Seems a little silly.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-24-12 11:20 AM
    If I were not so paranoid about sharing my PIN, I guess I'd have 10s of 1000s... All from CB...

Maybe I should start taking applications for BBM contacts...

3 people I know in real life, 5 I met here on CB and a group of 11 also from people from CB (10 not in my contacts).
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-24-12 at 11:41 AM.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:36 AM
    in the U.S, I went from 12 bbm contacts to 1.
    02-24-12 11:37 AM
    It seems like a lot of people add total strangers to their BBM contacts for the sake of having more contacts. Do you actually ever talk to those people, and what do you talk about? Lol. Seems a little silly.
    It's the nature of BBM, I have a mixture of family, friends, randoms that turned friends, clients and randoms.

Compare it with twitter, not everybody that you follow or you follow know you.
    02-24-12 11:38 AM
    It's the nature of BBM, I have a mixture of family, friends, randoms that turned friends, clients and randoms.

True, but Twitter is far from a 24/7 direct connection to you... And with BBM integrated apps, you may leak some info in BBM you just wouldn't on Twitter.
    02-24-12 11:53 AM
    True, but Twitter is far from a 24/7 direct connection to you... And with BBM integrated apps, you may leak some info in BBM you just wouldn't on Twitter.
    BBM is not 24/7 either, you have a Busy status you can set, it even kills nottifications sounds when you do.
    02-24-12 11:56 AM
    BBM is not 24/7 either, you have a Busy status you can set, it even kills nottifications sounds when you do.
    Riiiight....
    02-24-12 12:00 PM
    Riiiight....
    Sorry, what don't you understand?

Any random that ignores the busy status will get deleted, friends and family usually have a good reason.
    02-24-12 12:05 PM
    Sorry, what don't you understand?

Any random that ignores the busy status will get deleted, friends and family usually have a good reason.
    I understand clearly, andyou just proved my point there.

The only time BBM is offiline is when it is not on the device (or the device itself is off), so yes pal, it is 24/7. And since setting to busy does not prevent people from contacting you...
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-24-12 at 01:09 PM.
    02-24-12 01:05 PM
    I understand clearly, andyou just proved my point there.

The only time BBM is offiline is when it is not on the device (or the device itself is off), so yes pal, it is 24/7. And since setting to busy does not prevent people from contacting you...
    So it's twitter, nobody signs out of twitter on their mobile phone.

Anyway, since when is a silent icon in the notification bar an inconvenience? That's not actually you being "contacted"

The atraction to BBM is the "always on" factor in the first place.
    02-24-12 01:26 PM
    Some of my contacts love technology and BB like me, so we talk about that stuff, and if anything, most of us play Caro, so we definitely play together, and talk about that.
    02-24-12 01:28 PM

Point taken.
    02-24-12 05:04 PM
    This is an interesting topic! I think mine has decreased a little since I got my phone in June or July. I only have nine contacts; but I used to have around 12. It depleted a little because one friend stopped working at RIM (but she was on co-op); and I ended up deleting the other two myself because I never talked to those individuals and they didn't talk to me. I figure if I'm going to have people on a special messaging service, I should be having somewhat consistent or fun discussions with them. If they're not gonna talk to me or vice versa, then I don't think it's worth it to have them on BBM. I sometimes wish I had more friends on BBM, but I text so often with other phone users that I guess it's okay the way it is.
    02-24-12 05:11 PM
    I have 0 bbm buddies
    I'm sorry!
    02-24-12 05:13 PM
    I think the decline in BBM buddies is normal now that technology has advanced.

How many AOL or Yahoo Instant Messenger contacts do you have now? Lol!

BBM was a very useful feature before Facebook/Twitter was invented and sending text messages were expensive.

Even Apples iMessage is nothing big because there is no difference between a text and a special platform-to-platform message.

There are sooo many options these days, that having a closed platform messaging system is not very beneficial (except for contacting people overseas)

So don't feel too bad

Sent from my Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shemaree09; 02-26-12 at 02:22 AM.
    02-26-12 02:14 AM
    I recently re-discovered BBM after ALL my Blackberry friends switched to Android. We tried What'sApp and PingChat(Touch) but it wasn't the same. Over the last year, BBM has expanded and has brought me back to it with more contacts than ever. I really love BBM music and I have picked up a few contacts there. Smoothie is a BBM app that evolved into a BBM group for people the same age as me, with similar interests. Jingu makes using Emoticons easier than ever. I like the beta Facebook integration, Foursquare integrations and the ability to utilize animated avatars! The more I get into BBM the more contacts I build. I would love to see higher Mb file transfers and the ability to inbed media in a group chat, but I love the direction Rim and BBM is taking! Keep it all coming!
    02-26-12 10:56 AM
    BBM is growing with the added features it has now. As long as BB 10 is a winner I think BBM will get even bigger.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 11:11 AM
    my numbers are pretty consistent. seeing how Droid and I doesn't work up here i have all my friends from here, 25, plus my friends from all over the country, 22 then every member in my family has a BB, 5, and a we all have a PB...except for my mom. so what that's 52 contacts
    02-26-12 11:17 AM
    I speak 100% truth when i say, i have never used BBM ever. I don't know one single person with a Blackberry. Everyone i know has an iphone or Android. My BBM list is zero.
    02-26-12 12:00 PM
    I always knew what BBM was, but i never really had the intention to try it out.
    But family, friends and colleague's told me to give out my pin to them anyways so they could add me.
    So slowly by slowy i started to have a growing list of contacts which i still chat with daily.
    So slowy it started to grow on me. And it has become one of my core apps.
    02-26-12 12:11 PM
    My bbm contacts list has grown slowly since my first Blackberry. I have lost a couple but these people who have gone else where I have completely disowned in general. Lol.

I have roughly 30 contacts. Many of them have over 60.
    02-26-12 12:27 PM
    I don't have any after almost 2 1/2 years. Family is either on the dar side (iphone) or darker side (android). Have met people through groups but that is where I prefer the communication to stay. Kind of a bbm loner
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-26-12 12:32 PM
    I don't have any after almost 2 1/2 years. Family is either on the dar side (iphone) or darker side (android). Have met people through groups but that is where I prefer the communication to stay. Kind of a bbm loner
    HA ! How about that. Two BBM loners that live in the same town. That's awesome.
    02-26-12 12:52 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD