One of the things that will make or break whether I stay with blackberry past this year is whether they can fix the ability to stream media using the browser/media player.

I mean, youtube you can pretty much forget it on the bold. It works correctly maybe 10% of the time...and that might be too much credit.

Streaming music from sites like yourmuze is also painful. Sometimes it works flawlessly and other times it's all crackly, hiccuping every 2 seconds.

This really should be smooth over a 3g connection...no excuse for it.

Sorry, just needed to rant about this.
    05-26-10 09:15 AM
    I agree Youtube has been sporadic but i have found that to depend on the version of the OS i am running. I have never had an issue with Pandora streaming music.
    05-26-10 09:22 AM
    Oh, streaming through apps is fine. I stream with Slacker just fine. It's when streaming media from the browser/media player combo where issues arise...which leads me to believe the issue is specific to the browser/media player.

I just hope they fix it in 6.0, otherwise I'm going to look elsewhere for my next phone.
    05-26-10 09:33 AM
    Yup, it does suck. Youtube works for 100% of the time when I am only connected to 3G but never when connected to WiFi. The point of Wifi is make video streaming faster and cut down on chargeable data usage.

Hopefully they fix this
    05-26-10 11:34 AM
    I think blackberry is bad for streaming anything !
    05-26-10 10:46 PM
    I don't use it much, but Youtube has always worked for me over EDGE, 3G and Wifi.
    05-26-10 11:02 PM
    I have no problems streamiong anything (Pandora, Sirius, Firefly, Radio Companion) unless I am going through my known dead zones. Don't do YouTube much, but it has worked in Bolt.
    05-28-10 05:29 AM
    It sucked big time for me but since I started upgrading to OS 5s I never had any issues with it again.
    05-29-10 08:29 AM
    i think it also depends on your carrier. I can never load youtube when i'm on 3G or EDGE, but when i'm on wireless at home it loads just fine.

i haven't tried it on OS5.0 though
    05-30-10 03:33 AM
    Ok I am on the newest official 5.0 and I still get the media player error when trying to use YT, I can never get it to work. It sucks.
    06-01-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD