Hey all. I upgraded to OS 5.0 and bbm 5.0 is missing. Everytime I install it, it never shows up. Any ideas?
    10-27-09 12:56 AM
    10-27-09 01:04 AM
    delete from phone, then go to and install

www.blackberry.com/messenger from your bb
    10-27-09 01:10 AM
    I'm on the phone with Verizon right now. They have no idea how to resolve the problem. This is really annoying. If anyone knows how to get BBM back on the phone, please help. I've deleted and reinstalled it several times, and the icon is still missing.
    10-29-09 10:07 AM
    If you deleted it from Options -- Advanced Options -- Apps and that didn't work, then I would reinstall the entire OS. Perhaps something isn't working properly. When you do that make sure you uncheck all entries of BBM
    10-29-09 10:14 AM
    If you deleted it from Options -- Advanced Options -- Apps and that didn't work, then I would reinstall the entire OS. Perhaps something isn't working properly. When you do that make sure you uncheck all entries of BBM

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I had two friends who lost the icon, but somehow it popped back up for them after they deleted/reinstalled it. It's just not working for me. I've had so many problems with this phone.
    10-29-09 10:19 AM
    OK...I got it to work (with no help from Verizon). I was trying to reinstall it from App World this whole time. I just went to BlackBerry[dot]com/messenger on my phone, re-downloaded it, and it came right up after an auto-reboot. There must be a glitch with App World. As I was on the phone with the Verizion rep, she tried to download something from App World, and her phone kept freezing.
    10-29-09 10:29 AM
    I am having a problem on the 9530 too.
    10-29-09 10:44 AM
    So here's a question... WTF didn't they just bundle it with the OS? By the time .328 came out, BBM5 was out for a few weeks already.
    10-29-09 11:35 AM
    Deleting BBM 5 and installing it off the website and not app world did the trick
    10-29-09 11:39 AM
    OK...I got it to work (with no help from Verizon). I was trying to reinstall it from App World this whole time. I just went to BlackBerry[dot]com/messenger on my phone, re-downloaded it, and it came right up after an auto-reboot. There must be a glitch with App World. As I was on the phone with the Verizion rep, she tried to download something from App World, and her phone kept freezing.
    which i said in my post above!
    10-29-09 04:29 PM
    Oh great, and I reloaded my OS thinking there was an issue. Im going back to a couple of cans and a piece of string.
    10-29-09 04:33 PM
    Just download. Again from app world
    10-29-09 04:34 PM
    just download. Again from app world
    no do not do this. There is some flaw in app world installs which is why people are having the disappearing issues
    10-29-09 04:43 PM
    LMAO...I had three tech and a sales rep who knows all about storms helping me at the corp store. I was so frustrasted I left with no BBM..One of the employees asked me if I needed Messanger.Why in the **** would i pay $30 per month and not take advantage of everything..I wanted to hit her with my storm to see if the BBM popped back up...
    Last edited by southeast storm; 10-29-09 at 08:30 PM.
    10-29-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD