08-27-10 04:18 PM
34 12
tools
    Anyone else loving the Social Feeds app?!?

I don't use it for twitter, myspace, facebook accounts but I use the RSS section non-stop! I have all my favorite blogs (crackberry, of course) and my favorite news outlets all in one section! Anyone else digging it as much as me?
    Hate it.......happy to delete it
    08-27-10 12:58 AM
    Nope... deleted it. My battery was good, but it definitely
    got even better without it.
    08-27-10 01:41 AM
    Can you substitute another twitter app for use in social feeds or are you stuck with t4bb?

* just researching while patiently awaiting Rogers release of the 9800 *
    08-27-10 07:30 AM
    I'm currently using it, but only because SocialScope hasn't released a version for 6.0 yet.

its not bad.... I turned off everything but FB and Twitter, I have them both set to update every three hours.... and a couple of RSS Feeds... (crackberry, mashable, Odd News...)

Its got a ways to go (for instance, why is it using Gtalk statuses and not Buzz?) but its a good start.
    08-27-10 08:54 AM
    I deleted it on the first day...my problem was you have to use the RIM version of Facebook and Twitter... Personally, there is no better Twitter app than Ubertwitter. Social feeds would only benefit me for Facebook, and well, since I already have to have 2 icons, I'd rather just have the Facebook icon...alongside Ubertwitter, of course.
    08-27-10 02:54 PM
    i find myself using ubertwitter and the facebook app rather than the social feeds..
    i know the social feed is such a convenience for most users.. but i kinda like them separate..
    but that's just me and kerrysummers =)
    08-27-10 02:59 PM
    I only use it for the RSS feed. Twitter i just use the BB app. No lagging or anything with it.
    08-27-10 03:06 PM
    I still have the Social Feeds app deleted. Facebook app does all I need - I don't really read people's status' or post my own often at all. I don't twitter and rarely use AIM anymore.

The RSS feeds on the other hand are really useful but it's just ridiculous how you can't delete them or set a limit for how many or how long they are stored.

For now I am using Google Reader with a link to it on my homescreen. I hope to reinstall Social Feeds for the RSS Reader in the near future when RIM updates it.
    08-27-10 03:14 PM
    I Didn'tt realize this. Surely it can't be true?

[QUOTEE=jeffreii;5520375]
    The RSS feeds on the other hand are really useful but it's just ridiculous how you can't delete them or set a limit for how many or how long they are stored.

i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:18 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD