first off, i HATE the fact that you have to dl pictures rather than just be able to view them. 90% of the pics i try to dl won't and 90% of the pics i send to people, they can't dl as well. numerous battery pulls later and this is still an issue. anyone else experiencing this?
    10-13-09 01:16 PM
    i am having the same problem it is really annoying i hope they fix this problem the last bbm had a great picture message capability this one sucks
    10-13-09 01:31 PM
    Have either one of you tried deleting and re-installing the BBM5. I haven't had any issues with the downloading or transferring of pictures.
    10-13-09 01:49 PM
    actually the first time i installed 5.0 through app world it crashed my phone. after numerous os reinstalls, i downloaded through ota. kind of afraid to dl it again haha
    10-13-09 01:52 PM
    i am having the same issue when trying to send pix from from the camera or from media. so what i have been doing and its seems to be ok is when in a bbm chat click the menu button and "send file" choose picture and look fr the one you are trying to send.

BTW ... this is a known issue and many many users are experiencing on many phone models OS etc.
    10-13-09 01:53 PM
    Same issue here. It's like the progress bar just freezes at 0%.
    Guess I'm not the only one then. This is ridiculous. And you have to save first to be able to see what the picture is. Unlike the older version, when you can at least view it first to decide whether it's worth to save or not.
    10-13-09 02:20 PM
    i can send but cant receive any just wont download..
    10-13-09 03:55 PM
    glad this is a known issue. i have no idea why they'd make you save the file first to view it since the last bbm allowed you to view first, ridiculous.

side note, but i ended up uninstalling/reinstalling bbm and still same problem
    10-13-09 06:20 PM
    i found the problem on another site

Problems BBM 5.0.33 and sending / receiving pictures, files - BlackBerry® Device Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

remove media card encryption or save it to your device and not your memory card.

now the next issue is to find out why some of uss cant view enlarged display pics
    10-14-09 01:33 AM
    thanks for the update. still bs and no way i'm going through the hassle of saving to phone and switching to sd after the pic was sent. RIM has to know about this and i hope they're fixing it. i'm still baffled as to why they'd change this feature from the old bbm to 5.0
    10-15-09 12:38 PM
    thanks for the update. still bs and no way i'm going through the hassle of saving to phone and switching to sd after the pic was sent. RIM has to know about this and i hope they're fixing it. i'm still baffled as to why they'd change this feature from the old bbm to 5.0

u dont have to save to the phone. just turn off media card encryption and it will be fine
    10-15-09 06:13 PM
    in the thread you linked, it seemed as if to turn off the media card encryption would require me to save the pics to another location not on the card. you're saying this isn't the case? if not, how do i turn off the encryption? thanks.
    10-18-09 07:24 PM
    is there any way to download the last version of BBM. I liked it a whole fn lot better than 5.0?!
    10-18-09 07:36 PM
    in the thread you linked, it seemed as if to turn off the media card encryption would require me to save the pics to another location not on the card. you're saying this isn't the case? if not, how do i turn off the encryption? thanks.

menu, options, menu, youll see it
    10-18-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks. I went to options, memory, and encryption mode was set to "none." i changed it to "device" and still had to accept and dl a pic
    10-19-09 03:00 PM
    I think part of the "problem" is the old BBM used to send a thumbnail image which was only a few KB. The new 5.0 sends the full image. So it could be hundreds of KB or even a MB or two.

It's annoying. I think RIM should set it to send the thumbnail like it used to the previous version and then if you want to save it, it can download the full image.
    10-19-09 05:44 PM
    Thanks. I went to options, memory, and encryption mode was set to "none." i changed it to "device" and still had to accept and dl a pic

yea u will always have to save the full pic. this is to fix the fact u said most were not going through
    10-19-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD