Hey all,
    I've bricked my phone twice so far tonight trying to get BBM5 to work right. I finally got my phone on, but I have no BBM or Messages folder icon. I have to alt+back to tab between them, which is a pain. Any clue on how to get them back? I don't want to do a battery pull as that will surely brick my phone again. I'm starting to get fed up here. Help please.
    10-17-09 09:30 PM
    I've downloaded the new BBM5 and it works beautifully with my 8350i, so far.
    10-17-09 11:30 PM
    Well, I got brave today when I got off of work and made all my calls for the day, I did a 3 minute battery pull and all is well. Hopefully it'll last. I'm debating whether to keep Sprint or go and get the Storm 2.
    10-18-09 04:28 PM
    There is always the tour
    10-21-09 09:20 PM
    No issues with bbm 5.0, running on 8330/4.5.0.138 ! IMHO, I'd wait at lease 6 months on all newly released BB's. So they can fix any issues with software and what not.

Thnx, Tripster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:27 PM
    Hi,

I no longer see the profile pic of my contact using BBM 5. I have deleted BBM 5, pulled battery and reinstalled app with same result - no pic from contact. He verifies that it is set in his profile but ALL I see is the default icon (blue outline of person). I even downgraded back to previous version and upgraded again - same result.

I had a problem with gmail mobile app and ended up deleting it, did a security wipe and reinstalled software. Before the gmail mobile app issue (don't think they are related) I did see his profile pic in BBM 5 previously.

I have deleted him as a contact and sent a NEW request, same result - no profile pic for this contact. I even deleted him and had him delete me and send me a new request also - same result

Any ideas?

BTW - I can see my profile pic in BBM 5 just fine.
    11-02-09 09:00 PM
    I had to gpo back to bbm 4.5 I couldn't downliad pics with bbm 5 so I uninstalled reinstalled it bricked my bb. I had to wipe the device reload bbm5 same result brick tried to downgrade the os the upgrade still bricked it so just went back to old version of bbm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:21 PM
    Avatars are not displayed for contacts in BlackBerry Messenger 5.0

Products

* BlackBerry Messenger

Environment

* BlackBerry Messenger 5.0
    * Issue Number: 368508

Overview

When viewing your contact list and/or a contact profile, avatars are not displayed for contacts that have uploaded one to their profile. Instead, the default silhouette image is displayed.

Cause

At times, the avatar image is not correctly pushed down to the BlackBerry smartphone, causing the user to not see the contacts avatar.

Resolution

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround

To workaround this issue, and view contacts avatar:

1. On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
    2. Highlight the affected user.
    3. On the contact list screen, press the Menu key.
    4. Select Delete Contact.
    5. To add the contact again, invite them by using scan a barcode or by email.

Note: User will have to accept request to be added again

View Document

**Notice the workaround indicates to use EMAIL or BARCODE SCAN - not BBM invite? I had someone email me to ADD me to their contacts, I accepted, but at this point waiting for him to complete. **
    11-03-09 05:54 PM
    I have heard that on alot of the BB that BB5 can take upto a few days for everything to work oK . I could not see my contacts pics for almost 2days after that no problem at all
    11-03-09 06:20 PM
    Occasionally I would have the same issue where avatars don't show up right away or at all. What I usually have done is do a battery pull. I know this isn't the greatest solution, but after the phone restarted avatars would show up again. Other times, it just takes a matter of few seconds or up to 30 minutes before I would see any avatar changes.

I suppose everyone's mileage will vary. Overall I like BBM5, but I do agree with other posters in other threads... the new method of transferring pictures is way slower and cumbersome.
    11-05-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD