Don't know how true this is so I am passing the message alongproprietors of BlackBerry. This message is to inform all of our users, that our servers have recently been really full, so we are asking for your help to fix this problem. We need our active users to re-send this message to everyone on your contact list in order to confirm our active users that use BlackBerry Messenger, if you do not send this message to all your BlackBerry Messenger contacts then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts.
    Symbol will automatically update in your ? ,when you broadcast this message. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 10:45 AM
    Spam, i believe this was going around a while ago, Rim wouldn't send this
    07-15-10 10:50 AM
    I concur, it's spam...

07-15-10 11:23 AM
    Let me get right on that....
    07-15-10 11:28 AM
    Hmmm.... servers are full of messages, so send more messages en-mass!!

Makes lots of sense to me...

Chain-letter SPAM.
    07-15-10 04:03 PM
    I do believe it's a thread floating around here somewhere explaining about how that was spam.
    07-15-10 04:40 PM
    I got it too.....IGNORE!
    07-15-10 04:48 PM
    Maybe this is why there have been so many issues with BBM lately. Why on earth does every form of electronic communication tempt people to start these ridiculous SPAM/forward messages?
    07-15-10 05:59 PM
    OMGZ!!!!!!!!! Teh world will end if you don't forward this to everyone on your list!!! Do it now!!!

I are serious, ewe donut want teh world to end cuz of u, k, so forward this already!!!

I hate spam and I hate broadcast messages. I rather wish they would have never thought up that worthless, annoying feature...

Here's how to tell if it's spam: if it asks you to forward it on to anyone. If it says that anywhere in the message, just assume it is spam and delete it. You'll be doing the world a favor by stopping the spread of that crap...

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 07-15-10 at 08:21 PM.
    07-15-10 08:17 PM
    Hmmm.... servers are full of messages, so send more messages en-mass!!

Makes lots of sense to me...

Chain-letter SPAM.
    My dad use to eat that stuff... always gagged me...
    07-15-10 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD