05-13-11 03:27 AM
92 123 ...
tools
    Seeing as today is the last day and nothing really exciting has happened. sure they released one phone but thats the bare minimum that is expected. im honestly surprised. you would think with the bad publicity theyve been getting they woild really blow us away at their OWN event but no. INstead they focus more on the playbook and apps for it. i gotta say, rim is really misguided those ceos have to pull their head outta their ***.

have they even mentioned when the 9900 is coming out? it would seriously be laughable if its august like people are saying.

look i know were all bb fans and yes i have a pb too but you cant help but say seriously rim...
    05-05-11 10:14 AM
    Nothing exciting? I'm gonna say this from a personal perspective having been in Orlando for the event and I can appreciate that what you may have read on the sites may have seemed rather lack luster.. I assure you, you are seeing a new RIM.

They have new focus, new tools and now -- the mindset to make it work. RIM has been putting together this puzzle for a few years and now, they have all the pieces in order to make it all work. Again, this is not the same old RIM, and things will be changing and their landscape is looking great.

It's as if someone turned on the lights in Waterloo and now everyone can see.

I agree, I would like to of have seen more device announcements but there is a reason for it, and they are still coming -- despite rumored delays and what not.
    05-05-11 10:37 AM
    It was pretty well what I expected. I agree with you and they are putting too much into the half baked Playbook and ignored their phone marketing. They got other phones coming but I feel they will be lucky to get the 9900 out in the 4th quarter. RIM is not famous for delivering new hardware early!

I do not know how they can walk after shooting themselves in the feet so often!
    05-05-11 11:13 AM
    yes i see your point but how many times have we heard good things are coming and we were disappointed? almost every time. i get that this time is different but knowing rim its gonna be forever before we see any of the 'new' rim. its awesome that you were there but the aversge consumer will still feel rim is lacking and investors and media will continue to to give rim a bad rep. they need to shake off this image, and i dont feel like what they talked about a bbw will do this.

i mean really, how much of the stuff talked about at bbw will be applicable to blackberries (not playbook) anytime SOON? probably next to nothing with the stop gap phones to qnx, despite their somewhat good hardware. well have to wait til qnx phones to see any of this put to good use. this is the sad reality. i love berrys but this post is out of frustration. we are always waiting
    05-05-11 11:13 AM
    I am disappointed, what a wasted opportunity. 99% of the news on CrackBerry's front page has just made me yawn. Poorly executed.
    05-05-11 11:16 AM
    I have a feeling if all this playbook jazz keeps up this site will change from crackberry to crackbook....
    05-05-11 11:19 AM
    Everyone said they'd only be announcing one phone.

The PlayBook focus makes total sense since this is the future of RIM (QNX) and it's received a lot of negative press over it's software shortcomings. RIM basically showed everyone that these perceived shortcomings were all being address within the next few months.

All the news recently has been about the Playbook and what could have been. RIM needed to address this head on and they did. If they had focused on new phones then people would have reported that they are ignoring or abandoning the Playbook and the complaints people have about it.
    05-05-11 11:21 AM
    Yeah everyone has said that they will only release one phone, but they've also said MS is buying RIM, the 9900 has been delayed, 6.1 would have a QNX Kernel and that BlackBerries are a thing of the past. I tent to take what they say with a grain of salt. So it's disappointing to me that this is the one time that these people are right.

Secondly, it DOESN'T make sense that they are only talking about QNX and the PlayBook. Why? Because the only thing people want to hear about is their new phones. People have heard enough about QNX and the PlayBook. Fans, consumers and the media want to know about one thing: New Phones.
    05-05-11 11:31 AM
    Very dissapointed to say the least, they made no commitments on anything at all whatsoever. And even worse, I listened in on the stream Rim had with analysts last week and once again they said "just wait and see, you will be amazed", well they waited and saw and they were not amazed, they saw 1 phone that ran a little faster than the current model and nothing else.

We need to stop making excuses and hold their feet to the fire now, these CEO's are not doing the job they are paid to do.
    05-05-11 11:49 AM
    I understand the disappointment, myself. Speaking from strictly a "consumer" point of view with well over a year left on my 9800 contract, about 98% of the news that came out of BBW meant nothing to me.

The Facebook stuff talked about may be nice for a lot of people, but I'm way too casual of a user for any of that to affect me.

Microsoft's colaboration? Give me native Active Sync. That's all I care about. Was there any talk of that? Sorry, but Bing isn't a big deal.

How about a bone for us current users who have to stick it out for a while longer?

(I know, welcome to the club of Storm users)

I understand and fully accept that the full OS 6.1 is now 7 and current models won't get it. Fine. How about an update to 6.0? Leaked info a few months back on the updated regular Curve had listed OS 6.1 Lite (to run on hardware similar to the current Torch). That could now be the "new" 6.1. Sort of a transition point that leads to the 7 devices, perhaps? Why was this question not asked to anyone at BBW? The idea was discussed right here in one of the blog posts not too long ago, if I'm not mistaken.

That's just my view of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JJisGoofy likes this.
    05-05-11 11:52 AM
    day 1 of blackberry world was nice for sure
    tons of news, awesome live coverage from CB and all that
    and im glad they officially announced the bold 9900/9930, we've seen some new stuff for that phone, no exact release date, but that was pretty obvious

but im NOT complaining ! i love where RIM is going, except for one thing... "BING".. (i really do hope it's optional.... then its no problem, prefer google)

let me add: im concerned about the LED, but in the end its no biggie and once again im not complaining
    also wondering why 768mb ram and only about 210 free app storage, but not complaining !
    im sure battery life will be great

that being said, i DO believe that bing will be optional, the battery life will be great, the LED will be better than expected and the app storage will be enough with a great performance even when running low on free app storage (lets say 10-20mb)
    so excited for this phone !!

however..one thing i am complaining about (at least a little).. is this:
    BlackBerry World -
    Day 1 - a lot of news
    Day 2 - nothing
    Day 3 - nothing

seriously, why make it 3 days long... we were all waiting for more announcements, but after Day 1..nothing
    why was it 3 days long? what did everyone seriously do over there on day 2 and 3? have lunch or what?
    05-05-11 12:04 PM
    Personally, I've not followed an event like this as closely as I have been. For me, this has been exciting because I know that a replacement for my Tour is on the way. On top of that, RIM has gotten me pumped with all the improvements they've made.

05-05-11 12:10 PM
    the other thing that is sad about it is that developpers want to make apps for QNX since that is all RIM is showing off right now (if they want to make apps for RIM at all). THeir phones have definitely taken a back seat.

I saw that they released the 7.0 SDK today but why would ANYONE want to develop for it when RIM is only showing off QNX? It is so mind bogglingly stupid that I cant even believe it. I understand they are in a transition period, but do you really expect people to develop brand new apps making use of brand new hardware and APIs when QNX is coming in a year or so? the software is COMPLETELY different and has nothing to do with OS 7. And any apps they make will be useless in 1 year

RIM cant make up their mind. They claim BB 7 is the best thing ever, and we should start developping. But then the whole show is about QNX, their next system. It seems SO backwards. I would never want to develop for OS 7 if I knew QNX is the future. Hopefully the QNX apps for PB will be easily ported to the PHONE version of QNX. Its all just one big mess
    05-05-11 12:43 PM
    I was just about to create a thread about how disappointed about BBWorld I was. I was really looking forward to MULTIPLE device announcements - unfortunately that wasn't the case. Not only that but I wasn't there - so I can't agree with Bla1ze - but it really seems like RIM is the same'ol same'ol. I don't see how they're night and day.

The other thing too is that when the 99xx was announced - did anybody go to other gadget sites to see what commenters were saying? Most people had the yawn reaction. Not to say that's an accurate dipiction of exactly what RIM is doing - but I mean, when I was on the investors call - they were promising the moon. The pure bs that was coming out of the CEO's mouths were driving me crazy.

If you're gonna go on and on about the next gen devices being so revolutionary, I got an incredible idea for those CEO's: Why don't you release a revolutionary device instead of hyping up a mediocre one?! Brilliant, I know! I should be a CEO too!

I don't want everybody to think I'm a RIM hater - I'm not - really! I want them to succeed sooooo bad. But I'm tired of medocrity. I want a blazing fast BB, with the fastest browser, a ton of apps and some ground breaking features. And I'm willing to pay for it.

/endrant
    05-05-11 12:56 PM
    I saw that they released the 7.0 SDK today but why would ANYONE want to develop for it when RIM is only showing off QNX? It is so mind bogglingly stupid that I cant even believe it. I understand they are in a transition period, but do you really expect people to develop brand new apps making use of brand new hardware and APIs when QNX is coming in a year or so? the software is COMPLETELY different and has nothing to do with OS 7. And any apps they make will be useless in 1 year
    why would anyone develop for a phone thats going to be selling for a few years? yea sounds silly to me too lol.

secondly, remember the java app player? yea, so that could work on the new phones right? (truthfully we cant say yes or no at this point).

the thing to remember is people purchase phones and enter 1/2/3 year contracts, so that phone/OS will have at least the longevity of the contract (here in the uk the norm now is 2 years) so yes QNX phones are coming (will ALL the new 2012 forwards lineup be QNX? who knows), but if someone buys a 9900 (i will be) then odds are they`ll use it for 2 year+
    05-05-11 01:13 PM
    Me, I'm greatly disappointed at BBW. The only good thing out of it was the 6000 that got a free playbook or paid 599 for the ticket to get your playbook. After browsing around my daily BB forums, I read from BGR that they got confirmation the Bold won't be released in June/July, it will be late Aug maybe. WTF! I know they have to keep up with technology on the tablets but to keep blowing off the phones. The other phones are projected for announcement at Dev Asia in Oct. So this will mean mid 2012 on the release of the other phone. No freakin wonder why apple and droid are beginning to dominate. I'm a BB lover but I've considered the Atrix Droid but I'm still devoted to BB. Come on Blackberry get your **** into gear and start producing phones

05-05-11 01:15 PM
    I feel pretty rip offed, I just got my Torch two months ago but already there is a 7 coming out and I am stuck in this contract for two years.RIM should be ashamed of themselves so ripping off people who bought devices with os6 in it. This was my first and maybe last blackberry.
    05-05-11 01:16 PM
    the other thing that is sad about it is that developpers want to make apps for QNX since that is all RIM is showing off right now (if they want to make apps for RIM at all). THeir phones have definitely taken a back seat.

RIM cant make up their mind. They claim BB 7 is the best thing ever, and we should start developping. But then the whole show is about QNX, their next system. It seems SO backwards. I would never want to develop for OS 7 if I knew QNX is the future. Hopefully the QNX apps for PB will be easily ported to the PHONE version of QNX. Its all just one big mess

have to disagree
    i see it like this: of course OS 7 wont appeal thousands of new developers, i think there'll be quite a few apps out there, but mainly all these standart-apps which already exist for OS 6
    its not a big deal for me, as long as i'll be able to use all the messenger, social network apps, not really interested in "super-awesome" games on my smartphone..
    but i also think Java SDK 7.0 will help quite a lot.. we'll see many improvements, better apps and nice new features
    it'll definitely attract new developers, think it'll be easier for them
    its not like 1 year will be over in the blink of an eye, 1 year is quite long, you know?
    it'll be fine

and once QNX will be out.. i think then we'll have all these "mass-super-apps" you've all been asking for

i really

I was just about to create a thread about how disappointed about BBWorld I was. I was really looking forward to MULTIPLE device announcements - unfortunately that wasn't the case. Not only that but I wasn't there - so I can't agree with Bla1ze - but it really seems like RIM is the same'ol same'ol. I don't see how they're night and day.

The other thing too is that when the 99xx was announced - did anybody go to other gadget sites to see what commenters were saying? Most people had the yawn reaction. Not to say that's an accurate dipiction of exactly what RIM is doing - but I mean, when I was on the investors call - they were promising the moon. The pure bs that was coming out of the CEO's mouths were driving me crazy.

If you're gonna go on and on about the next gen devices being so revolutionary, I got an incredible idea for those CEO's: Why don't you release a revolutionary device instead of hyping up a mediocre one?! Brilliant, I know! I should be a CEO too!

I don't want everybody to think I'm a RIM hater - I'm not - really! I want them to succeed sooooo bad. But I'm tired of medocrity. I want a blazing fast BB, with the fastest browser, a ton of apps and some ground breaking features. And I'm willing to pay for it.

/endrant
    na, cant really agree with you there
    even tho i wasnt at blackberry world, i have to agree with Bla1ze, we're seeing a new RIM here

even tho im not a tablet fan (i dont find them that useful at all in general) i have to say that if there was a tablet i'd buy, it'd definitely be the playbook, not only because i love blackberry, but also because it seems like the most promising tablet out there
    QNX...TAT...android player (for android apps) and a LOT more
    then theres the bold 9900/9930 which looks VERY promising (it really isnt just medicore, way more than that), im really excited for this phone.. it really seems to be the perfect device if you're not interested in wasting your time with playing games on your smartphone 24/7...
    hardware is nice and i also like OS 7

im just a little disappointed in day2+day3, seemed useless
    nothing happened..
    Last edited by Seijuro; 05-05-11 at 01:23 PM.
    05-05-11 01:20 PM
    I feel pretty rip offed, I just got my Torch two months ago but already there is a 7 coming out and I am stuck in this contract for two years.RIM should be ashamed of themselves so ripping off people who bought devices with os6 in it. This was my first and maybe last blackberry.
    thats really your own fault for not correctly informing urself beforehand
    you couldve waited for the bold 9900/9930 as many others do right now, you couldve waited for BlackBerry World and all that
    instead you just went to your carrier and bought the torch...

people always want the newest stuff and all that, sure ! i can understand that.. i'll buy the bold 9900/9930 the moment its released even tho i have my 9700 for 1 year now and contract is still running..but i dont care
    inform yourself next time, and.. its been 2 months with your torch now? why did you buy it in the first place??? i assume you liked it when you picked it up?

and now you dont like it anymore.. because a new device is coming out?
    should rim have waited 2 years before releasing a new phone so you'd feel better?
    should they make OS 7 available for the torch?
    should they make qnx available for the torch?

seriously, they can do whatever they want, sorry.. but its really just your own fault ; >
    05-05-11 01:29 PM
    I'm not disappointed because this is really what I expected would come from BBW. Sure it would have been nice to have had a confirmed release date and one or two more phones announced.

Like Bla1ze stated, RIM has put lots of very nice pieces on the table and we have to wait for RIM to put them all together throwout the year.

Now, everyone has to ask themselves, are you willing to wait for RIM to put these pieces together? If you feel you have waited long enough I guess it's time to move on.
    05-05-11 01:31 PM
    thats really your own fault for not correctly informing urself beforehand
    you couldve waited for the bold 9900/9930 as many others do right now, you couldve waited for BlackBerry World and all that
    instead you just went to your carrier and bought the torch...

people always want the newest stuff and all that, sure ! i can understand that.. i'll buy the bold 9900/9930 the moment its released even tho i have my 9700 for 1 year now and contract is still running..but i dont care
    inform yourself next time, and.. its been 2 months with your torch now? why did you buy it in the first place??? i assume you liked it when you picked it up?

and now you dont like it anymore.. because a new device is coming out?
    should rim have waited 2 years before releasing a new phone so you'd feel better?
    should they make OS 7 available for the torch?
    should they make qnx available for the torch?

seriously, they can do whatever they want, sorry.. but its really just your own fault ; >
    What the **** are you talking about, its been out since August, I did wait. get your facts straight.
    05-05-11 01:34 PM
    why did you buy it 2 months ago then?
    tell me
    would you have bought it 2 months ago if you wouldve correctly informed yourself? why didnt you buy it in august? why 2 months ago?
    stupid move

so you waited long enough (since august).. and then just bought it?
    clever, really
    very clever

i wouldnt have bought my 9700 2 months ago if i didnt already buy it 1 year ago
    simply because i know how to inform myself beforehand and.. if their last phone was released in august, theres likely to come a new one out pretty soon
    05-05-11 01:38 PM
    why did you buy it 2 months ago then?
    tell me
    would you have bought it 2 months ago if you wouldve correctly informed yourself? why didnt you buy it in august? why 2 months ago?
    stupid move

so you waited long enough (since august).. and then just bought it?
    clever, really
    very clever
    Again get your facts straight you talk like the god of blackberry. I did much research and nothing came up about a os7 only recently it has aswell as a torch2. show me where it should up 2 months ago when I needed to get a new phone since my contract was up?
    05-05-11 01:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/ru...mobile-579542/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/when-575678/
    take a look at the date, just go in the bold 9900/9930 forum section and go through all the old threads....

nothing was confirmed, but so many rumors
    it was so obvious

(yea, there were NO news at all about new devices or so..lol)
    /sarcasm
    05-05-11 01:46 PM
    ... rumors are rumors which have no truth to them just like the update for the os6. rumors are just that. dude take your little attitude and go somewhere else. you sound a bitter guy who thinks he knows everything.I like the Torch but not that they are coming out with an os7 already....
    05-05-11 01:51 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD