08-08-10 06:35 PM
86 123 ...
tools
    I gotta say, I'm not too pleased with it overall. You would think that with such a loud speaker, that the headphone volume would be something to write home about...absolutely not! With the sound of traffic behind me I can barely hear at all, and its useless with something like the train behind you. Bear in mind that this is with volume at max, too.

Also, the lack of a seek function absolutely blows. How am I supposed to seek through songs while driving?

Finally, the podcast support is lackluster at best. I sorely miss the memory function of my iPod, which remembered where I left off on a podcast if I have to come back to it later

I love my storm, but this is not cool, RIM!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rev0lver; 12-09-08 at 07:49 AM.
    12-09-08 07:38 AM
    yea i really think it sucks. i have viedos and music on min and they all work at one point and then out of no where i wil get a error and nothing plays.

Id really like if i could get some streamin music or streamin videos to work. DAM FLASH!
    12-09-08 07:42 AM
    I agree...not sure if this is the update that is causing this but the volume is SO low

This needs to be fixed ASAP
    12-09-08 07:43 AM
    I'm not having problems at all. Then again, I only use it at the gym in my house so all I have on is the TV. I'm never in a very loud area.

The media player hasn't locked up on me either.
    12-09-08 07:51 AM
    I really hope.viigo gives me the podcast support I need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 07:57 AM
    did you turn on audio boost?
    12-09-08 08:19 AM
    What's not to like about it? It plays music/video, sorts by artist/album/etc, displays album art... what else can a media player do?

My volume works fine.
    12-09-08 08:23 AM
    Somewhere on this thing, there has to be a way to adjust the volume outside of the programmed levels. Mine is the exact opposite. With my Ultimate Ears through Media Player, I can't turn it DOWN enough. With FlyCast, the adjustments are much finer, and are sufficient.

On the other hand, with my Satechi, using Media player via Bluetooth in the car, I have to crank the volume in media player and get totally blasted when I switch to another station/source.
    12-09-08 08:56 AM
    yeah, it definitely seems like something that can be fixed with a user mod or something. I'm a huge audiophile so having my music nice and loud is quite seriously an absolute must!
    12-09-08 10:48 AM
    I also wish I could fine tune it lower. I have BOSE speakers at the office, and even at the lowest setting the phone is too loud for work background music -- I'm, therefore, still playing through iTunes on the laptop which gives me much more adjustability.
    12-09-08 10:57 AM
    I use my MP3 player more for audiobooks than for music so the playlists and the ability to seek within a track are very important.

After playing with the screen (holding, double-clicking, etc) I was able to get a progress bar to pop up for scrolling within a track - that was good.

Unfortunately, when I 'sync' playlists, the tracks go to the Storm just fine, but not the playlist itself. This severely limits the usefulness to me.

Anyone had any luck with playlists?

Thanks!
    12-09-08 11:08 AM
    I use my MP3 player more for audiobooks than for music so the playlists and the ability to seek within a track are very important.

After playing with the screen (holding, double-clicking, etc) I was able to get a progress bar to pop up for scrolling within a track - that was good.

Unfortunately, when I 'sync' playlists, the tracks go to the Storm just fine, but not the playlist itself. This severely limits the usefulness to me.

Anyone had any luck with playlists?

Thanks!
    I also listen to long format audio quite often. Can you provide a little more info about how to invoke a track scrubber?

Gratzi,

- BD
    12-09-08 11:46 AM
    The Media player, and especially the video Player sux. It's impossible to FF when playing, even advancing or going back in a video is difficult - there's a huge delay even when it does move forward or backward. It's by far the worst video player I've ever owned. My old Treo-650 was better in this respect. Pretty sad to put such a lame media player on a phone that's being touted as being designed for media.
    There'd better be some serious media player updates coming soon, or sales will drop like a rock.
    Hopefully some serious 3rd party apps will be forthcoming.
    12-10-08 04:22 PM
    I have had great luck with the music portion of the media app. Works great with Rhapsody and I have had good luck using it my car. Through headphones not as good. Volume via headphone jack is not loud enough even with the audio boost turned on.

Video player okay.

Pictures too much lag

Camera and video recorder are not usable. These apps have the build quality of a alpha release.....and a poor one at that.
    12-10-08 04:57 PM
    The volume with headphones on is way too low.

But again, I wasn't looking for a device to replace my Ipod Touch.
    12-10-08 05:00 PM
    ...and its useless with something like the train behind you.
    If you're walking/driving and you have the sound of a train behind you the volume of your Storm isn't your biggest problem
    12-10-08 05:05 PM

Video player okay.

Pictures too much lag

Camera and video recorder are not usable. These apps have the build quality of a alpha release.....and a poor one at that.

I agree 100% with the above statement excet the audio player trully DOES suck. No seek function, volume too low.... How do I do the audio boost??

Is there a 3rd party music player I can download maybe for free??

Thanks..
    12-10-08 05:09 PM
    I love the media player on it, I dont use wired head phones as I have a blue tooth pair, and I can say honestly that I have had to turn it down while using it because it is far too loud. Maybe it is just wired headset support that is too low for you guys, but my blue tooth Moto headset sounds amazing.

I also love the ease of transfering media from comp to handset. I dont have rhapsody, but I still have a ton of I Tunes I needed to transfer over. No more converting the files AMEN !! Movies went over really well also, I have Batman on my Storm right now and it looks gorgeous and transfered quicker than any other movie I ever did on other handsets.
    12-10-08 05:17 PM
    I love the media player?

To turn on Audio Boost from the main media screen hit options and turn it on.

To move forward in a video or song tap the screen so the play bar comes up click the bar, slide your finger and click again where you want it to start.

Also if you have in a headset hit the bb key and change the equalizer.

I've never had an Ipod, so maybe I'm missing something but for me the media player is really good.
    12-10-08 05:17 PM
    Yeah seriously... mine is VERY loud without the boost enabled. Actually almost too loud. My only complaint would be a lack of precision when you're trying to click to a part of a song/movie.
    12-10-08 05:20 PM
    My ears must be super sensitive cause the volume is super loud to me. I'm not sure what the complaints are about the actual player other then being able to ff to a specific portion of a song. It works fine for the purpose of a phone and not your home stereo. Someone was viewing a vid I'd put on my storm and I was in another room and still heard it. It wasn't even turned all the way up. I use both corded and cordless headphones without sound decrease. Overall I am happy with the media player.
    12-10-08 05:45 PM
    my hearing must not be as good as everyones, but I tried listening to music on the plane and I couldn't hear anything using headphones. Even at max volume with audio boost on I could barely hear anything. I had to cover my ears with my hands, but it looked silly
    12-10-08 05:58 PM
    People keep complaining about not being able to fast forward in a song. Not sure why you need to fast forward a 3 min song, but you CAN do it same as you do with the Video player. Just TAP the screen to bring up the control bar, then CLICK somewhere on the scroll bar, then SLIDE your finger to the desired spot and CLICK again.

so got that? TAP CLICK SLIDE CLICK.

or DIVE, DUCK, DODGE, DIVE if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!
    12-10-08 06:02 PM
    really?? something has to be wrong. I play drums in a rock band 2-3 nights a week and my hearing is definitely damaged. I didnt have the audio boost on and it was weak.. when i turned it on, DAMN it was loud. too loud so i had to turn it to about 70%
    12-10-08 06:03 PM
    Are you using the packaged headphones? I have a decent (sony MDR-EX75) headphones sound isnt earbleeding loud, but with volume set to max I would not be able to hear outside noise.
    12-10-08 06:06 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD