Ok, right now I'm deciding on weather or not to get a blackberry curve 8520 for Christmas. I've done a bit of research and it seems that a data plan is needed for a lot of blackberry features such as bbm. What i was wondering though is that in my country, my provider provides a prepaid account. You pay like $10 TT to use their data plan for the day. I don't know much about the inner workings of the R.I.M. servers but if i connected to the data plan for the day and registered my blackberry on the servers. When the day is over, would the black berry services work over Wifi since my blackberry has been registered on the rim servers by using my provider's data plan? I hope this works
    11-07-10 01:52 PM
    BlackBerry services will only work over Wi-Fi if you have a current paid BlackBerry data plan. If you do not pay your bill, the BlackBerry data plan will not work, just like you cannot make phone calls if you do not pay your voice bill or use up all your prepaid minutes.
    11-07-10 01:55 PM
    This has been discussed before. It will not work, well it will for the one day that you pay for it.

As soon as your days pay is done, so is your bbm experience.

Either pay for what you need or don't get a bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD