To say the least BBM5 sucks. Absolutely sucks. It's too messy, disorganized, not user intuitive. When receiving photos from BBM contacts, it forces me to save the photo as opposed to just viewing it. So now I have to clutter my memory card/Bold with meaningless photos. Also, the whole 5.0 OS sucks too. The fact that I can't SMS like I used to by using quick shortcuts (the way I've been using Blackberrys for years) absolutely blows my mind. Sure 5.0 isn't official yet so I'll reserve further judgment, but still something as simple as SMS shouldn't be messed up like it is. Absolutely dissapointing. Also I can't delete all prior SMSs. I have to delete one by one. Everything in 5.0 seems to be confusing. From the SMS and BBM notification icon looking almost identical, to the little ******** arrows next to e-mails. How about just old-fashioned BOLD and regular-case headings for NEW and UNREAD messages--y'know--like you've always been doing, RIM?

Sloppy sloppy sloppy
    10-12-09 01:06 AM
    I have no problems viewing pictures in the new bbm.
    10-12-09 01:46 AM
    To say the least BBM5 sucks. Absolutely sucks. It's too messy, disorganized, not user intuitive. When receiving photos from BBM contacts, it forces me to save the photo as opposed to just viewing it. So now I have to clutter my memory card/Bold with meaningless photos. Also, the whole 5.0 OS sucks too. The fact that I can't SMS like I used to by using quick shortcuts (the way I've been using Blackberrys for years) absolutely blows my mind. Sure 5.0 isn't official yet so I'll reserve further judgment, but still something as simple as SMS shouldn't be messed up like it is. Absolutely dissapointing. Also I can't delete all prior SMSs. I have to delete one by one. Everything in 5.0 seems to be confusing. From the SMS and BBM notification icon looking almost identical, to the little ******** arrows next to e-mails. How about just old-fashioned BOLD and regular-case headings for NEW and UNREAD messages--y'know--like you've always been doing, RIM?

Sloppy sloppy sloppy
    Sorry to hear you having problems, but the pic thing is only because people are choosing to send the file option, instead of the send pic, as far as I've been able to view pics without having to save them.
    10-12-09 02:47 AM
    i have the opposite opinion. i love both the new BBM and the 5.0 OS. i actually find the new BBM much more user friendly and i like the eye candy. i also prefer the threaded SMS over how it used to be. i can send and delete messages much quicker than before.
    10-12-09 03:20 AM
    I hope RIM fixes this view feuture ASAP, it is driving me NUTS
    10-14-09 03:52 PM
    Tha battery drain is killing me, I noticed it right away and then had MeterBerry verify that it was indeed the new BBM 5.0 causing the battery leak...
    10-14-09 03:53 PM
    BBM does have a major battery leak!
    10-14-09 03:57 PM
    It 100% definitley does, RIM needs to fix this in a jiffy. I can put up with a mild leak, but this is pretty bad...
    10-14-09 04:05 PM
    i love the new bbm except the battery drain but i never come close to a dead battery
    10-14-09 07:08 PM
    I agree 100%
    10-14-09 10:21 PM
    sorry but you're complaining about a company based on your experienced with a beta, leaked OS. if you don't like it then go back to what you like and quit acting like a schoolgirl about it, nobody is forcing you to use anything new.
    10-14-09 10:23 PM
    my battery on my bold will go three days with the new bbm 5, using it frequently, i would strongly suggest that you do not install overtop of another version of bbm, this causes problems.
    10-14-09 10:24 PM
    sorry but you're complaining about a company based on your experienced with a beta, leaked OS. if you don't like it then go back to what you like and quit acting like a schoolgirl about it, nobody is forcing you to use anything new.
    Excuse me? I'm running an official OS and the official BBM 5.0 release. Don't assume with me...
    10-14-09 10:26 PM
    Excuse me? I'm running an official OS and the official BBM 5.0 release. Don't assume with me...
    that was directed at the OP, not you
    10-14-09 10:31 PM
    Sorry to hear you having problems, but the pic thing is only because people are choosing to send the file option, instead of the send pic, as far as I've been able to view pics without having to save them.
    most complaints about the new bbm are solidly user error, and people being unable to relax for a minute because it looks a little different. i've seen a few dozen people uninstall it instantly and post on this forum that they didn't like the new bubbles, totally unwilling and unaware to notice that you can make it look EXACTLY like the old bbm. at this point, most of this has to be ignored, because theres a myriad of these threads now, and its mostly all user error.
    10-14-09 10:42 PM
    most complaints about the new bbm are solidly user error, and people being unable to relax for a minute because it looks a little different. i've seen a few dozen people uninstall it instantly and post on this forum that they didn't like the new bubbles, totally unwilling and unaware to notice that you can make it look EXACTLY like the old bbm. at this point, most of this has to be ignored, because theres a myriad of these threads now, and its mostly all user error.
    The biggest complaint I have heard is with the inability to receive pics. This isn't user error, this is a bug.
    10-14-09 10:53 PM
    Anyone else getting random reboots? I've had 1 each day for the last 3 days. Nothing major, just haven't had one in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 11:32 PM
    receiving pics is due to media card encryption being on.turn it off and it will go through fine.

the rest of these complaints are ridiculous. msn u have to save to receive the pic why is it not a problem all of a sudden. yes the new version of msn has changed it but for the last 15 years or however long msn has existed u have had to save pics to receive. so why are people whining all of a sudden.

u can delete the pic after. if its such a problem dont take pics
    10-15-09 01:07 AM
    How do you turn off media card encryption?
    10-15-09 05:18 PM
    How do you turn off media card encryption?

options then memory i have a tour might be different for another o.s. im using stock o.s.
    10-15-09 06:13 PM
    i have the opposite opinion. i love both the new BBM and the 5.0 OS. i actually find the new BBM much more user friendly and i like the eye candy. i also prefer the threaded SMS over how it used to be. i can send and delete messages much quicker than before.
    I agree with you. Plus, anythings better than the original.
    10-15-09 10:23 PM
    options then memory i have a tour might be different for another o.s. im using stock o.s.
    i am using the tour and stock o.s. i am having the same issue with photos thru bbm 5. i cant just view the photo, unless someone with old bbm send me a photo then i can just view it. all bbm5 contacts i need to DL to view, and it takes FOREVER to recieve the file. i looked into the encryption thing, and mine is set at none. any help would be appreciated, thank you!
    10-30-09 12:31 PM
    i am using the tour and stock o.s. i am having the same issue with photos thru bbm 5. i cant just view the photo, unless someone with old bbm send me a photo then i can just view it. all bbm5 contacts i need to DL to view, and it takes FOREVER to recieve the file. i looked into the encryption thing, and mine is set at none. any help would be appreciated, thank you!

once i turned off media card encryption it was fine for me. i now have o.s. 5.0 on my phone so i dont remember how the options are on 4.7.

play around with the encryptions on that screen see if any will get it to work
    10-30-09 09:17 PM
    once i turned off media card encryption it was fine for me. i now have o.s. 5.0 on my phone so i dont remember how the options are on 4.7.

play around with the encryptions on that screen see if any will get it to work
    *Blinks and rubs his disbelieving eyes*
    Yes, that really is Riley posting in cb help thread. It must be Halloween!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:41 PM

Sloppy sloppy sloppy

10-31-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD